Ludwig Ahgren and Felix “xQc” Lengyel have teamed up to reimburse all the Twitch fans ItsSliker tricked into giving him money to fuel his gambling addiction, but Ludwig claims they have different reasons for doing so.
The YouTuber suspects xQc is doing it for two reasons. “I think, in part, he feels guilty because he’s earned a lot of money gambling,” he said.
He added: “Or maybe it’s a good public relations thing.”
As for his own reason, Ludwig said he’s more or less doing it because he has the means to and he wants to help, even if it means he has to “sell out” for a little while to make it happen.
“You will probably see a stupid mobile game sponsor on Mogul Mail in the next month or so,” he said. “That’s all I have to do. One little sellout that hopefully you guys are okay with, and I can make dozens of people’s lives a lot better.”
Ludwig believes it’s a worthwhile trade-off, in his eyes.
“I don’t mind doing that. I don’t mind shilling out for some terrible mobile game,” he said. It’s a small price to pay in exchange for “doing a positive good.”
Twitch has removed ItsSliker’s partnership with the platform, but they haven’t banned him yet. “I think he should definitely be banned, but at the moment, [at least] he cannot make money on the website,” said Ludwig.
It is estimated ItsSlicker owed around $380,000 spread across the countless streamers and fans he scammed. Despite having different reasons, Ludwig and xQc have been praised for doing what they can to help.
Catch up on the whole Twitch gambling saga
- Sliker accused of ‘scamming,’ allegedly borrowed over $200,000 from viewers
- ‘Ban f**king gambling’: Mizkif fed up with Twitch after Sliker controversy
- xQc, Ludwig promise to pay back Twitch fans hit by Sliker scam
- Pokimane urges Twitch to ban gambling streams after Sliker drama
- Sliker says casino approached him to ‘pay off his debts’ with sponsorship
- Mizkif, Pokimane, and more plan Twitch protest to fight gambling
- JustaMinx speaks out against streamers helping Sliker
- Asmongold calls for Twitch to ban Sliker after controversy
- Ludwig calls on Twitch to just ban sponsored gambling streams
- Summit1g thinks there’s a better way to deal with Twitch gambling
- Twitch to ban gambling in response to deluge of recent controversies
- Full breakdown of Twitch gambling drama and why it was banned
- How Twitch, YouTube’s top stars reacted to Twitch’s seismic gambling decision
- Trainwreck has big problems with Twitch’s ‘hypocritical’ gambling ban
- Twitch strips Sliker of his partnership, removes sub button
- Adin Ross isn’t too happy about Twitch’s upcoming gambling ban
- Here’s how Twitch gambling ban could affect viewership
- Trainwreck still has a plan for Twitch gambling streams after Amazon ban