Yesterday, 343 Industries released the latest update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and the patch is the first in months, with the last patch coming almost five months ago on May 30.
According to the studio, the major focus of the update was the implementation of “new systems and temporary bans for matchmaking penalties” for quitting, betraying, and idling. Quitting, at any time from the start of the map voting process, will “result in a loss for your ranking and penalty to your Xbox One reputation.” Doing any of the aforementioned things too many times will result in a temporary ban from matchmaking, and each successive ban, if players continue to partake in negative behavior, will be longer than the previous one. Furthermore, they also updated some UI things that you can see below with the official patch notes.
We’ve added new quit and betrayal penalties, improved ranking, and more to MCC. More info: http://t.co/37ujmGThIh
October 13 Patch Notes
- Players will now receive a quit penalty and rank penalty for quitting any time after matchmaking voting begins in all matchmaking playlists, both ranked and unranked
- Added matchmaking betrayal booting for Halo: Combat Evolved
- Matchmaking voting now randomizes winner in the case of a tie, rather than selecting the left-most option
- Made a variety of improvements to ranking calculation
- Fixed an issue which could result in ranking down after winning a match
- Emblems and clan tags, in addition to gamertags, are now hidden while searching for a match
- Updated Team colors to always appear correctly in Forge mode
- The level of menu music will now drop when other players join a lobby / are connected to other players
- The controller schematic for H1 “Boxer” now correctly matches the in-game control layout
- Improved Classic/Remastered UI launch settings for Halo: CE and Halo 2 Campaign
- Improved matchmaking messaging to players
- Fixed an issue where lobby player positions could shuffle after a promotion to party leader
- Fixed an issue where players could select and use nameplates that they had not unlocked
- Fixed an issue where profiles could match into a game after the match started
- Made a variety of fixes for players who could become stuck at the “Downloading Latest Data” screen
- Fixed the glitched Who Needs Them? achievement
- Improved a variety of compatibility issues
- Made a variety of stability improvements
@Halo This would have been great almost a year ago.
Is it too little too late? Tell us what you think about the patch and your experiences on the MCC post-patch by tweeting us @ESNHalo.