World of Warcraft Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 is upon us. It brings a host of new features and updates, including the introduction of the Dreamsurge, a new ping system, and more. There’s a lot to unpack, but it’s exciting stuff for a minor patch.
- When will WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 release?
- WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 highlights
- WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 patch notes
When will WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 release?
Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 will release on Sept. 5, roughly two months after Patch 10.1.5. As is tradition, NA players will enjoy the new patch on Sept. 5, while the EMEA region will have to wait for the regular weekly reset on Sept. 6 to see the new patch.
WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 highlights
The Dreamsuge is the most exciting addition. Each week, one of the four original zones on the Dragon Isles will be affected. World quests will take place in this zone, and there will be all sorts of activities and weeklies. Group rares in the area will also have new powers and a chance of dropping better loot. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to try it.
The Dreamsurge also introduces Waking Dream portals in the affected zone. A major Waking Dream portal will appear as a group event every half hour, and those who clear them will receive raid-tier loot.
Minor portals, suitable for solo players or small groups, will also be available.
If that wasn’t enough, it also includes what I think is a pretty cool new votable buff feature. Those who have found a Dreamsurge Coalescence from activities, hidden stashes, and group rares can use it to vote on a new buff every 30 minutes. The buff that wins the vote is automatically applied to everyone in the region until the next one.
New ping system
Another exciting thing in the patch is the introduction of a new ping system that allows players to quickly communicate with their team without having to use voice or text. It’s been a long time coming if you ask me. Sometimes you can’t use your microphone due to the racket in the background, but it always took too much effort to type what you were trying to say. Now, we can just ping it by holding G and Left Mouse to bring up a ping menu.
Mistweaver Monk mana improvements
Mistweaver Monk players will notice some changes to the Mana Tea ability once the patch goes live. The developers haven’t revealed what those changes are yet, but the main idea is to fix its mana management issues.
These are just a few of the highlights from the early WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 patch notes. Once the patch goes live in the main client, you can look forward to exploring these new features and more.
WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7 patch notes
- 120 Profession achievements (including some that are retroactive) have been added.
- Follow Velen’s prophecy to reveal a new future for some of the Draenei people.
- Heritage Armor is now available for Night Elf and Forsaken.
- Five new skin colors available for Forsaken.
- New face markings and body tattoos for Night Elf.
Class balance changes
- Patch 10.1.7 has a handful of class balance changes and you can check them out here.
- As you adventure across the Dragon Isles, test your dragonriding race skills with the new Challenge Course. How well can you fare without resource generation?
- Infinite Scales Drakewatcher Manuscripts that drop from the Dawn of the Infinite mega-dungeon have been renamed to Visage of the Infinite and now include Scales, Hair Color, Horn Color, and Eye Color instead of just scales. Players who have already earned the Infinite Scales will automatically unlock the Infinite-themed Hair, Horn, and Eye colors within the Rostrum of Transformation.
Eastern Kingdoms Cup
Soar through Eastern Kingdoms skies with the dragonrider racing event, Eastern Kingdoms Cup. Challenge 16 races across Eastern Kingdoms in Normal, Advanced, and Reverse variations to earn Riders of Azeroth Badges to exchange for rewards with Maztha.
Head to the Holiday Enthusiast outside Valdrakken’s bank to pick up the initial quest.
Items and rewards
- New holiday rewards for Brewfest, Day of the Dead, Hallow’s End, and Pirate’s Day.
- Hundreds of zone drops and rare spawn drops lost to the Cataclysm have been faithfully (or near-faithfully) restored. Good luck on your transmog hunts
- Greater Draconic Phial Cauldron now lasts five minutes (was three minutes).
- Phylacterweave is now bind on account.
- Formula: Cosmic Protoweave from Zereth Mortis no longer requires the quest “What Is This Thing?” to be eligible for it to drop.
New campaign chapters
- Aid Shandris Feathermoon as she investigates a meeting of the Incarnates in the abandoned stronghold of Lunedane. The green dragonflight have tasked her with uncovering Fyrakk and Vyranoth’s plans, and where they and their allies will strike next.
A Single Wing
- Emberthal sends scouts Marithos and Amythora to find Winglord Dezran and unite scattered bands of dracthyr. During their search they come upon a remnant band of Sundered Flame that are unaware of Sarkareth’s madness and demise.
- Chromie barters for a truce between the bronze dragonflight and one of its sworn enemies, leading Nozdormu on an unexpected adventure.
Reforing Tyr Part 3
- Chromie and a new friend join the search for the lost Disc of Tyr. To aid their efforts, Travard rebuilds the legendary Tyr’s Guard, righteous paladins dedicated to representing the values of Tyr across Azeroth. Reforging Tyr Part 3 requires completing “Infinity and Beyond” in the No Limits questline to begin, and rewards Gold and White Armor for dragonriding mounts.
Dungeons and raids
Dawn of the Infinite
- The mega-dungeon has been split into two separate dungeons on Heroic difficulty: Galakrond’s Fall and Murozond’s Rise.
- Players can use Dungeon Finder or walk into the instance to access Heroic difficulty.
- The original Mythic difficulty will continue to exist for players who prefer that challenge.
User interface and accessibility
- The new Ping system allows you to quickly communicate with your team without having to use voice or text chat. Holding the G button opens up a ping wheel where you can quickly call out commands such as Attack, Assist, Warning, and On My Way. You can also send contextual pings by pressing G while the cursor is on an enemy, the ground, or the unit frames.
- Developers’ note: If G is already bound to another function, the Ping entry under Keybindings will be unbound.
- Macro support the following Ping commands:
- /ping attack
- /ping assist
- /ping onmyway
- /ping warning
- Example: /ping [@target] attack
- There are two modes to activate the ping wheel:
- Press and releasing the hotkey will trigger a ping at mouse position.
- Press and holding the hotkey will trigger the radial wheel at the position the hotkey was originally pressed.
- You can restrict pings to leaders and assistants in the group control menu.
- A tutorial for the Ping System can be accessed on the Options > Ping System page.
- Ignoring players will silence their pings.
Real-time chat moderation
- Added a “Sell All Junk” button to vendors.
- You can set a bag to ignore the Sell All Junk button (access Bag Settings by clicking the bag’s top-left icon).
- Made the scroll bar more noticeable in the Dragon Isles Summary window.
- Added an animation for new mail icon.
- Battle.net quest icon has been updated.
- Increased Party Lead icon size in Dungeon and Raid queue prompts.
- Ready Check prompt frame art has been updated.
- Minimap tracking for Tuskarr Tackleboxes can be toggled with Find Fish.
- Added an option to Restrict Calendar Invites to friends and guild members.