MultiVersus has been widely playable since the July 2022 open beta, meaning a majority of players who are interested in the game can boot it up on PC, PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S and enjoy some platform fighting action for free. And with that free-to-play nature, most fans are focused on what characters will be added to the roster now.
MultiVersus is a free-to-play title that puts an emphasis on teamwork and a two-on-two format, with full cross-play, cross-progression, and rollback netcode.
Warner Bros. Games and Player First Games have followed that free launch with solid communication to keep fans in the loop about new content, patches, and updates being released. However, that hasn’t satisfied the community’s hunger to know what is coming next—especially with the occasional droughts between character releases.
Even months before the game was released, a slew of datamines from the files pulled from various tests or previous builds seemingly leaked information about what characters will be added at some point. This can vary between leaked voice lines, visuals, or just lines of text buried deep in some normally inaccessible files.
Here are all of the characters who have been confirmed for MultiVersus, along with the fighters that may be coming based on leaked data. Just be aware none of the leaked characters have been confirmed and could end up absent from the final product.
- Wonder Woman
- Harley Quinn
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo)
- Bugs Bunny
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones)
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time)
- Steven Universe
- Garnet (Steven Universe)
- Tom and Jerry
- Reindog (MultiVersus)
- Original fighter designed for this game.
- Velma (Scooby-Doo)
- Taz (Looney Tunes)
- Iron Giant
- Lebron James (Space Jam 2)
- Rick Sanchez (Rick and Morty)
- Morty (Rick and Morty)
- Black Adam (DC Comics)
- Stripe (Gremlins)
- Gizmo (Gremlins)
- Marvin the Martian
- The Joker (DC Comics) – Multiple datamines
- Nubia (DC Comics) – Datamine/May be variant skin for Wonder Woman
- Raven (DC Comics) – Datamine
- Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) – Leaked images/May have been scrapped
- Legolas (Lord of the Rings) – Datamine/May have been scrapped
- Harry Potter – Original game leak/May have been scrapped
- Ron Weasley (Harry Potter) – Original game leak/May have been scrapped
- Fred Flintstone – Original game leak
- Johnny Bravo – Original game leak
- Mad Max – Original game leak/May have been scrapped
- Ben 10 – Early leaks
- Godzilla – Datamine
- King Kong – Datamine
- Neo (The Matrix) – Datamine
- Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) – Datamine and early leaks
- Sub Zero (Mortal Kombat) – Datamine
- Emmet (The LEGO Movie) -Datamine
- Static Shock (DC Comics) – Datamine
- Poison Ivy (DC Comics) – Datamine
- Craig of the Creek – Datamine
- Wicked Witch (The Wizard of Oz) – Datamine
- Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones) – Datamine
- Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice) – Datamine
In addition to these datamined characters, files for several other fighters exist in the code with assets that cause a bit of confusion.
According to multiple pieces of data, Naruto could be appearing, based on file names and some visuals, but placeholder data for an original ninja character was also included in the game’s codes. Speculation points to this being a backup in case licensing for Naruto may have fallen through, but we will need to wait on confirmation to know for sure.
Additionally, Wreck-It Ralph or Fix-It Felix from Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph movie series was found in the datamine, along with another original fighter named Brute. Brute seems to be a placeholder similar to the original Ninja fighter, and references Hulk several times, meaning Disney’s Incredible Hulk may be included, too.
There are also rumors Ted Lasso, Eleven from Stranger Things, The Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, and the Duck Dodgers version of Daffy Duck could be added too, though these are less conclusive, according to datamines.