At the North American Last Chance Qualifier, one team will punch their ticket to Champions, while seven of the NA squads that played a major role in the first year of the VALORANT Champions Tour will get sent home.
What was originally a 10-team bracket with single and double-elimination portions has now been reduced to an eight-team single-elimination bracket after both Oceanic teams were unable to attend. One team will come out on top and join fellow NA teams Sentinels and Team Envy at Champions in Berlin.
The event was originally set to run offline from Oct. 12 to Oct. 17, but due to concerns about COVID tests and playing conditions, the event has been pushed back two weeks and onto an online format. The first day’s match results will carry over into the restart.
The eight teams participating represent the squads ranked third through 10th in the North American VCT standings.
- 100 Thieves
- FaZe Clan
- Luminosity Gaming
- Cloud9 Blue
- Gen.G Esports
ORDER and Chiefs Esports Club, both from Oceania, were unable to attend the event.
Bracket and schedule
The NA VCT Last Chance Qualifier will use a double-elimination bracket. All matches will be best-of-three, except for the grand finals, which will be best-of-five.
The schedule has been updated after the event’s original dates were postponed. All times are in CT and subject to change or delays.
Tuesday, Oct. 12
- 2pm CT: 100 Thieves 2-1 Gen.G Esports (Gen.G 13-10 Breeze, 100T 13-8 Split, 100T 13-4 Icebox)
- 5pm CT: XSET 2-1 Luminosity Gaming (LG 13-2 Haven, XSET 13-8 Ascent, XSET 13-10 Split)
- 8pm CT: 100T 2-1 XSET (XSET 13-9 Split, 100T 13-8 Breeze, 100T 13-9 Ascent)
Wednesday, Oct. 27
- 2pm CT: Rise 2-1 FaZe (FaZe 13-8 Breeze, Rise 13-8 Ascent, Rise 13-7 Bind)
- 5pm CT: Cloud9 Blue 2-0 Version1 (13-5 Breeze, 13-9 Icebox)
Thursday, Oct. 28
- 2pm CT: Rise vs. Cloud9 (First round)*
- 5pm CT: Luminosity vs Gen.G (Lower bracket round one)
- 8pm CT: FaZe vs V1 (Lower bracket round one)
*Rescheduled after power outage prevented Rise supamen from continuing.
Friday, Oct. 29
- 2pm CT: XSET vs TBD (Lower bracket round two)
- 5pm CT: Lower bracket round two
- 8pm CT: 100T vs TBD (Upper bracket final)
Saturday, Oct. 30
- 2pm CT: Lower bracket round three
- 5pm CT: Lower bracket round final
Sunday, Oct. 31
- 2pm CT: Grand finals (best-of-five)
Make sure to follow us on YouTube for more esports news and analysis.