Following the conclusion of VCT Champions 2021, the attention of the competitive VALORANT world was drawn to the EMEA region after their impressive overall showing at the first ever world championship. But everything that could go wrong did at the 2022 EMEA VCT Stage One Challengers main event. Matches were postponed due to the Ukraine crisis, the winners in FPX were unable to attend Masters, and only one EMEA team finished even in the top six in Iceland.
The 12 teams competing in the main event of the second stage will now have to put all that behind them. And given the showing by the region at Masters Reykjavík, the door has been opened even more for any team to make a deep run in this stage and lock in a Champions spot.
Here’s everything you need to keep up with the EMEA VCT Challengers Two main event, including teams, standings, schedules, and results.
Teams and groups
Here are the 12 teams competing in the EMEA VCT Stage Two Challengers main event.
- FunPlus Phoenix
- G2 Esports
- Team Liquid
- M3 Champions
- Guild Esports
- Natus Vincere
- BBL Esports
- OG LDN UTD
With the exception of FOKUS and BIG, all the EMEA teams retained their spots in the VCT Stage Two Challengers main event by avoiding the relegation spot during Stage One. BIG finished last in their group with a 0-5 record but reclaimed their spot in the Promotion Tournament, where VRL DACH winner FOKUS also claimed their spot.
The format for EMEA VCT Stage Two Challengers follows the same format as Stage One. The teams will compete in a round-robin group stage to determine the standings for the playoffs, with the top three teams from each group advancing. The playoffs are a six-team double-elimination bracket, with the top seed from each group starting in the second round of the upper bracket.
All matches are best-of-three, except for the lower bracket final and the grand final of the playoffs, which will be best-of-five.
Unlike last stage, there is no relegation since this is the last stage of the year.
Group A standings
|OG LDN UTD||0-2|
Group B standings
Group stage schedule and results
- BBL def. Na’Vi (Na’Vi 13-6 Ascent, BBL 18-16 Icebox, BBL 13-6 Fracture)
- Acend def. OG (Acend 13-7 Icebox, Acend 14-12 Split)
- Fnatic def. FPX (Fnatic 13-3 Fracture, FPX 13-5 Ascent, Fnatic 13-10 Icebox)
- Liquid def. BIG (Liquid 13-5 Icebox, Liquid 13-7 Split)
- Guild def. M3C (Guild 13-9 Ascent, Guild 13-6 Haven)
- G2 def. FOKUS (G2 14-12 Fracture, G2 13-11 Icebox)
- Liquid def. BBL (Liquid 16-14 Fracture, Liquid 13-9 Split)
- Fnatic def. OG (Fnatic 13-4 Haven, Fnatic 13-0 Icebox)
- FPX def. G2 (FPX 13-9 Fracture, FPX 13-10 Ascent)
- Guild def. BIG (Guild 13-10 Icebox, BIG 13-11 Fracture, Guild 13-6 Haven)
- M3C def. Na’Vi (M3C 13-5 Ascent, Na’Vi 13-4 Bind, M3C 13-3 Icebox)
- Acend def. FOKUS (FOKUS 13-7 Bind, Acend 13-8 Ascent, Acend 13-9 Icebox)
- 9am CT: Liquid vs. Guild
- 12pm CT: OG vs. G2
- 9am CT: BIG vs. Na’Vi
- 12pm CT: Acend vs. Fnatic
- 9am CT: BBL vs. M3C
- 12pm CT: FOKUS vs. FPX
- 9am CT: Acend vs. G2
- 12pm CT: Na’Vi vs. Liquid
- 9am CT: BIG vs. M3C
- 12pm CT: OG vs. FPX
- 9am CT: BBL vs. Guild
- 12pm CT: FOKUS vs. Fnatic
- 9am CT: Acend vs. FPX
- 12pm CT: M3C vs. Liquid
- 9am CT: Na’Vi vs. Guild
- 12pm CT: FOKUS vs. OG
- 9am CT: BIG vs. BBL
- 12pm CT: Fnatic vs. G2