There’s much more than just the Symmetra rework on Overwatch’s test server.
Blizzard uploaded a huge patch to the PTR tonight in a move that brought Symmetra from support to a broad damage class, added new social features, and adjusted two Overwatch heroes and a map. Doomfist and Orisa both got buffs, while Horizon Lunar Colony got an entire overhaul.
For Doomfist, that means his Meteor Strike ability got a bonus movement speed increase from 150 percent to 200 percent, while his shield gain from his passive ability, called The Best Defense…, has been increased from 30 to 35 for his normal abilities. “The increased movement speed on Meteor Strike gives Doomfist new options in how and where to deploy it,” Blizzard wrote in the patch notes. “His passive is also being increased, allowing him to survive more often when diving into enemies.”
Orisa’s buff is simple: It’s just a 15 percent decrease in ultimate cost. She’ll just be able to build up to her Supercharger ultimate a bit quicker than on the live server.
Horizon Lunar Colony’s rework is much more extensive. Blizzard cited the defender’s spawn room as a problem—defenders could duck back inside the room to regain health, which gave an unfair advantage. But the overhaul isn’t limited to Point B; the first part of the map got tweaked, too.
“The idea behind the rework of Point A was to not only help the defenders a bit, but also provide some gameplay options aside from sitting on the point and trying to hold it for as long as possible,” Blizzard wrote. “Easier access to high ground, as well as limiting the routes for attackers (or at least allowing for defenders to more easily spot the attackers), will allow more opportunity for counters and create a better gameplay experience.”
Art and lore in the map have changed, too. Here’s a full rundown, straight from Blizzard.
Horizon Lunar Colony
- Added a staircase on the right when exiting the hydroponics room
- Removed the door to the lower room on the right
- Removed the small wall on the catwalk above Point A
- Added some cover walls to the catwalk area
- Moved the door next to the staircase that led to Winston’s room
- The door is now on the side of the wall in the training pit
- Moved the large health pack to the back of the room
- Removed some clutter in the upper left computer room
- Switched the positions of the large and small health pack
- Changed some of the hydroponic plant cover on the right side
- Defender spawn room exits moved from the front to the sides out of direct line of fire
- Small rooms added at spawn room exits
- Additional cover added near the spawn room exits
- Added a route and larger platform leading to the back right corner
- Raised the platform to the same height as the attackers’ platform on the opposite side of the point
- The location of the old defender exit is now an alcove with a small health pack
- Both teams can still pass behind the point, but there is now a cut-through in the middle of the wall for better access.
- The area above the window overlooking the point is now covered
- A large platform with cover has been attached to the left side of the catwalk
- The upper platform for the attackers has been reduced
- The doorway leading to the platform is slightly smaller
As always, these changes will likely stay on the Overwatch test server for a while before making their way over to the live game. Blizzard hasn’t stated how long it’ll take.