Call of Duty: Mobile had a monumental launch, performing better than most people expected. The free-to-play first-person shooter racked up over 35 million players in under a week and its numbers continued to rise.
There are six game modes in CoD: Mobile, including Team Deathmatch, Free-for-all, Domination, Hardpoint, and Frontline. But by far the most popular is its 100-player battle royale mode, originally popularized by PUBG.
Call of Duty is and has always been a social experience, and its mobile counterpart is no different. You can play alone, but it’s advised to team up with friends—especially in the battle royale mode. But how do you add friends and invite them to a game of CoD: Mobile?
How to add friends
Like most multiplayer games, you’ll need to add your friend to your friends list before you can invite them to a match. Luckily, CoD: Mobile is easy to navigate and its menu is self intuitive.
To add a friend, you’ll need to:
- Launch CoD: Mobile and let it load into the main menu.
- Select the Friends icon located toward the top right of your screen.
- You’ll be navigated to a new tab where you’ll find the option “Add Friends.”
- Enter your friend’s user ID or name and click on the search button.
- Based on what you typed in, you’ll see players that fit the description and you’ll need to click on the golden Request button to officially send them a friend request.
Now, all you need to do is wait for them to accept your friend request and you should be ready to play.
How to invite your friends to a match
Once you’ve added your friends to your friends list, you can team up in duos or squads of four and battle it out together against your opponents.
To hop into a squad with mates, you’ll need to:
- Open up the multiplayer menu.
- Choose the Invite friends option that should be right below the Ranked Match setting.
- You should be able to see all of your friends who are currently online on the tab that’ll open.
- Select the friends that you’d like to invite to your squad by clicking on the plus buttons next to their names.
- Your friends will have around two minutes to accept your squad invitation.
Once all of your friends accept your invitation, you can click on the Start button and jump right into the action.