The swarm is here and that means an increased number of Bug-type Pokémon are appearing in Pokémon Go from Aug. 10 to 16 as part of the Bug Out 2022 event.
As part of this event, Grubbin, Charjabug, and Vikavolt are all appearing for the first time. Additionally, Genesect with a Chill Drive and Mega Scizor are popping up in raids for players around the world.
There are plenty of other returning bugs for players to catch too, like Skorupi, Joltik, Dewpider, and even Venipede, which can also be Shiny for the first time during this event. Pansage is also appearing for some reason, though fans who missed out on catching the Grass-type won’t be complaining.
As part of this Bug-type swarm, players have a lengthy Collection Challenge available to complete, which involves more than just catching certain Pokémon like most other events. And for anyone who is capable of completing it, you can grab a Bug Catcher avatar pose along with plenty of XP for your troubles.
If you plan to tackle the Bug Out infestation, here are all of the Collection Challenge requirements and rewards.
All tasks and rewards for Pokémon Go Bug Out 2022 Collection Challenge
- Catch a Caterpie
- Catch a Weedle
- Catch a Wurmple
- Catch a Grubbin
- Catch a Dewpider
- Catch a Joltik
- Catch a Karrablast
- Catch a Shelmet
- Evolve a Wurmple into Silcoon
- Evolve a Wurmple into Cascoon
- Evolve a Spinarak into Ariados
- Evolve a Ledyba into Ledian
- Evolve a Kricketot into Kricketune
- Evolve a Grubbin into Charjabug
- Catch a Skorupi
- Catch a Pineco
Total rewards: 15,000 XP and Bug Catcher pose
- 🐱【FULLER POKEDEX】Catchmon Go catches Monster and spin Stop automatically, making your Bag fuller! Tight up the egg incubator shape auto catcher to your backpack with its colorful lanyard, and let the GO trainer journey begin! The flash indicates notices of Monster showing up, caught or missed, and supplies acquiring (ball, potion, stardust.) Without taking out your phone or open GO APP, you can still know it working in the background through vibration or beep sounds.
- 🦄【NO EXTRA APP NEEDED】Connect Catchmon Go to GO APP with Wireless Bluetooth, and enjoy the game all day long! You don’t need to download extra App. The always-on features allows you to wake up the device by simply touch on the Go Plus icon on the APP. Speedy and stable connection allows 20 meter range connection. Catchmon Go is your best sidekick for capturing different types of Monsters that you dreamed of even on GO Fest or Community Day
This article includes affiliate links, which may provide small compensation to DotEsports.