Another Tuesday brings another reset in Destiny 2, offering plenty for players to do. The Tuesday reset is Destiny 2’s equivalent to a fresh slate, kicking off another seven days of content and resetting the weekly caps across the title.
This means Powerful and Pinnacle caps, raid challenges, vendor challenges, activities, and encounter lockouts are all reset, and players can have a shot to earn them again for the next seven days. Each week also changes the Nightfall in rotation, the rotating mode in the Crucible, the Eververse stock for Bright Dust, and stock on some of the vendors across the galaxy.
Xûr will also visit on Friday reset and leave on the subsequent Tuesday. During that same period of time, Trials of Osiris is active, provided it’s not the first week of the season or if Iron Banner isn’t available. On Iron Banner weeks, however, Saint-14 will take a rest.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset (Sept. 19 to 26)
The new weekly lockout resets Pinnacles and Powerful drops, as well as vendor challenges, raid and dungeon drops, and more. In some cases, it will introduce a new cycle, including a new Nightfall Strike and weapon, progress (or regress) on the Curse in the Dreaming City, and cycle raid challenges.
Vanguard, Nightfalls, Crucible, and Gambit
- Nightfall: Devil’s Lair
- Weapon: The Swarm
- Champions: Barrier, Overload
- Threat: Solar
- Surge: Strand, Solar
- Overcharge: Linear fusion rifles
Raid rotation and challenges
Each week, one challenge is available across each raid. Completing it grants an extra drop, as well as a triumph if it is the first time doing it. For new raids since Vault of Glass, finishing the challenge on the Master difficulty will drop an Adept (or Timelost) version of the weapon.
Raid, dungeon, and Exotic mission rotation
- Rotating raid: Vow of the Disciple
- Rotating dungeon: Pit of Heresy
- Exotic Mission: Vox Obscura
All Raid Challenges this week in Destiny 2
- Crota’s End: Conservation of Energy (Abyss)—Only light up the lanterns that have a Podium of Light next to them.
- Root of Nightmares: TBD
- King’s Fall: Gaze Amaze (Golgoroth)—Stand in the Pool of Reclaimed Light whenever a teammate steals Golgoroth’s Gaze.
- Vow of the Disciple: All raid challenges available.
- Vault of Glass: Strangers in Time (Gatekeepers)—the Wyvern and the Praetorian on each side must die at the same time.
- Deep Stone Crypt: Red Rover (Security)—All players must be Operator once. Requires a three-phase, with two players being Operator in each phase.
- Garden of Salvation: To the Top (third encounter)—The Gambit team must deposit 10 motes at a time each.
- Last Wish: Forever Fight (Morgeth)—Complete the encounter without killing the ogres.
Neomuna: Vex Incursion Zone and Terminal Overload
- Vex Incursion Zone: Zephyr Concourse
- Terminal Overload: Schedule and rotation
Vendor resets and weekly lockouts
- Vendor challenges: Commander Zavala, Banshee-44, Lord Shaxx, The Drifter, Hawthorne, Saint-14, The War Table.
- Vendor weapons and armor: Banshee-44, Ada-1.
- Weekly raid and dungeon encounter lockout: All activities (Master and Normal versions of raids have different lockouts, but both reset on Tuesdays). Most dungeons and raids will only give you new loot for the first time that week. The Pinnacle and the featured dungeon can always give you new gear.
- Weekly bounties: Shaw Han, Variks, Petra Venj, Eris Morn, Lectern of Enchantment, Suraya Hawthorne.
- Eververse: New stock for Bright Dust, new weekly sales.
What time is the weekly reset in Destiny 2?
The weekly reset kicks off every Tuesday at 5pm UTC (11am CT without Daylight Saving Time). Bungie’s schedule is adjusted based on the UTC timezone and may change during Daylight Savings. The daily reset also takes place at 5pm UTC and changes certain activities every day. Most bounties refresh daily, but other activities have weekly lockouts.
At 5pm UTC (11pm CT without Daylight Saving Time) on Fridays, both Xûr and Trials of Osiris will be available until the next weekly reset, the following Tuesday. Xûr will bring a series of Exotics, including one weapon and one piece of armor for each class.
The intergalactic merchant also brings a selection of Legendary guns and armor, and in some cases, this may be the only way to obtain them. He will also offer a quest that drops an Exotic Cipher per week, letting you obtain some Exotics from the Monument to Lost Lights in the Tower.
Trials of Osiris, on the other hand, is Destiny 2’s most hard-fought PvP mode. Like Xûr, Trials is available from Friday to Tuesday, provided it’s not the first week of the season or that Lord Saladin (or Bracus Forge) isn’t bringing the Iron Banner to the Tower.