Clash of Clans’ spring update is going to be a huge one. Along with Town Hall 14, a lot of other features are coming to the mobile strategy game. This includes game changes, quality of life improvements, and cost reductions for low to mid-Town Hall players.
Town Hall 14 was confirmed for the spring update earlier this week. It has a Giga Inferno which attacks enemies and also drops a Poison Bomb upon being destroyed.
Other changes coming in the update are:
Supercell is adding a new way for players in Town Halls two to six to progress quickly in the game. Each new Town Hall level will unlock several challenges for players to complete. On completing these challenges, more will be unlocked.
Starter Pass reward track
The Starter Pass reward track will offer rewards to new players in Clash of Clans. This includes a Rune of Gold and a Book of Buildings. On reaching Town Hall seven, all unclaimed rewards will be automatically collected.
To help new players progress through the game faster, Supercell is reducing the upgrade times, cost, and training times.
Reduced Training Times
- Ice Golem: 360 to 300 seconds
- Witch: 360 to 240 seconds
- Super Witch: 1200 to 800 seconds
Wall cost reduction
- Level 12 Wall: 3M Gold/Elixir to 2M Gold/Elixir
- Level 13 Wall: 5M Gold/Elixir to 4M Gold/Elixir
Town Hall cost reductions
A lot of cost changes have been made from Town Hall levels two to 11.
- Upgrade timers for Town Hall two have been reduced by 60 percent.
- Early Troop upgrades in the Lab have been significantly reduced.
- Upgrade costs for the Barbarian King and Archer Queen for levels 1-50 have been significantly reduced.
- Town Hall level 13 costs are largely unchanged.
A more detailed reduction percentage for different costs can be found here.
- Cost to Search/Next an Attack reduced at most levels from Town Hall one to eight.
- Training Cost of Level 1/2 Barbarians changed from 25/40 to 15/30.
- Training Cost of Level 1/2 Archers changed from 50/80 to 30/60.
- Training Cost of Level 1/2/3/4 Giants changed from 250/750/1250/1750 to 150/300/750/1500.
- Upgrade Cost of Barbs/Archers reduced at levels one and two.
- Doubled Storage Capacity of levels one to four Elixir Collectors / Gold Mines so they don’t cap out after three hours.
Supercell has made a lot of changes to the recruitment tool to improve the user experience. These are focused on the Find New Member feature.
- Players will be able to choose their preference in the Find New Members feature. These are:
- Receive Invites and Be Suggested
- Receive Invites
- No Invites
- Players who chose to be suggested in the Find New Member feature will have to confirm their selection every week.
- Clan invites will expire in two weeks.
- Clans will be able to set a language in the settings.
- Not So Easy This Time: Destroy weaponized Town Halls in multiplayer battles.
- Siege Sharer: Donate Siege Machines
- Superb Work: Boost Super Troops
- Boosts on Heroes or Buildings are no longer canceled when an upgrade is started. They will continue to run in the background.
- Practice Mode levels are now only available at the same Town Hall as the level, not one earlier.
- Ongoing Laboratory upgrade timer continues normally when the Laboratory is upgraded and can be finished with Gems or a Book. New unit/spell upgrades still can’t be started before the Laboratory upgrade is completed.
- The rewards for the first 19 Goblin Map levels after the tutorial have been increased for a better new player experience. The values for level 20 and beyond remain unchanged.
- Supercell has said that achievements will now be listed in a more “sensible order” rather than the order they were first added to the game.
- There is now a confirmation popup when pressing the Finish Training button on the Training Screen.
- A new icon for max poison DPS has been added to distinguish it from the normal DPS icon.
- The laboratory research screen is accessible during the Laboratory upgrade.
- The default Skin for the Barbarian King has been given a slight polish by adding more triangles. Additionally, the custom textures take full advantage of the new shaders.
Supercell has said that it plans to add these new shaders to all default skins of each hero. There aren’t any plans to revisit old skins currently, however.
Season Challenge changes
- When claiming a resource reward, if the player only has enough storage space for some of the reward, they can now take whatever amount of the reward will fit and some gems. The amount of gems scales from a max five down to one based on what proportion of the resources were taken.
- For example, if a player takes 20 percent of resources they will receive four gems (80 percent of five).
- When a season ends any unlocked but unclaimed rewards from the season will be automatically claimed. Any rewards unable to fit into storage will be converted to gems according to the same rules as if this was done manually.
- If a player is close to maxed and cannot complete the requirements of a challenge requiring upgrading a certain number of walls or buildings, they will only have to complete as much as they can still upgrade. If they are fully maxed out and cannot upgrade anything the challenge will be automatically completed.
- New Clan Games and Gold Pass challenges for the Invisibility Spell.
- All Season Challenges relating to Winning Battles with a Troop or Spell have had the quantity needed per battle reduced to one each.