The League of Legends balance cycle is slowing down now as Riot Games takes a deep breath ahead of season 14. But that doesn’t mean League Patch 13.22 lacks buffs, nerfs, and changes on the way.
Riot is looking at making meaningful changes when the first update in November rolls around. That includes three buffs, seven nerfs, and three pretty hefty adjustments for characters the developers have been keeping their eyes on through the evolution of the season 13 meta, Riot Phroxzon confirmed ahead of the patch’s big release.
This time around, the League devs haven’t planned any item or rune changes and won’t be touching any gameplay systems unless things change a little closer to the bell.
Here’s everything coming in the next League update.
When will League Patch 13.22 go live?
This package of late-season changes will land on the Rift on Wednesday, Nov. 8. Although not every single buff, nerf, and adjustment will make it through the rigorous League PBE testing process—or even out of Riot’s offices—we can expect to see most go live midway through the week.
The November update will start staging in Australia—which suits me quite nicely—around 10am AEST before rolling out on major League servers throughout the day.
Here are all the key patching times:
- 3pm CT (NA)
- 5am GMT (EU West)
- 3am CET (EU North East)
- 8am KR (Korea)
Here’s a countdown to the NA League release.
Expect several hours of server downtime once the patch begins staging. Matchmaking will be disabled across all League queues three hours before the update is officially set live.
What’s in League Patch 13.22?
League devs go after “outliers”
As season 14 creeps closer and closer, the League devs are looking to stamp out any outliers on both sides of the metagame. This includes Dr. Mundo and Rammus (who are not strong enough) as well as Tahm Kench, Senna, Kassadin, and Nilah (all of whom are a little too strong).
Overall, Dot Esports expects to see around a dozen changes in the 13.22 patch: three buffs, seven nerfs, and adjustments for Seraphine, Janna, and Brand—the last of whom is changing roles.
Janna is “unfun to play,” so Riot is changing her
Riot is worried Janna has become unfun to play after her late season 12 rework and early season 13 changes. To counter what has basically become an “unsatisfying” experience (according to the devs’ metrics), she is getting adjustments.
Meet League’s new boyband, HEARTSTEEL
HEARTSTEEL, the newest League music group, is here to build on K/DA and True Damage’s success. The explosive arrival—their debut single “PARANOIA” already has over 6 million views—means there are lots of skins coming.
Aphelios, Ezreal, Kayn, K’Sante, Sett, and Yone are the group members so, of course, they’re all getting new band cosmetics. Yone is the lucky champion among the six because he’s going to get a fresh new Prestige skin this update too, which will be available to unlock with 2,000 Worlds tokens.
On top of that, Ekko is also getting a revamped True Damage skin, which will be handed out by Riot devs.
Here are all the skins coming in this patch:
- HEARTSTEEL Aphelios (1,350 RP)
- HEARTSTEEL Ezreal (1,350 RP)
- HEARTSTEEL Kayn (1,820 RP)
- HEARTSTEEL K’Sante (1,350 RP)
- HEARTSTEEL Sett (1,350 RP)
- HEARTSTEEL Yone (1,350 RP)
- Prestige HEARTSTEEL Yone (2,000 Worlds Tokens)
- Breakout True Damage Ekko (Special Distribution)
These skins will go live during the Patch 13.22 cycle.
Here are the official notes for League Patch 13.22.
League Patch 13.22 patch notes
- Blaze Passive monster modifier increased from 220 percent to 230 percent.
- E damage changed from 65-165 (plus 50 percent ability power) to 60-180 (plus 60 percent ability power).
- Q damage reduced from 60-220 to 60-200 (attack damage ratio unchanged), armor shred reduced from 10-26 to 10-20 percent.
- R damage reduced from 150-500 (plus 110 percent bonus attack damage) to 150-450 (plus 70 percent bonus attack damage). Ability power ratio unchanged.
- E bonus attack damage increased from 2-3 percent max health to 2-3.4 percent max health.
- E cooldown refund changed from three seconds to 40 percent of cooldown (this is a buff before ~70 ability haste).
- R travel time reduced from 0.55 to 0.5 seconds.
- E bonus armor reduced from 4-16 to 2-14.
- Attack range increased from 500 to 550.
- Attack timing reduced from 22 to 20 percent.
- “Lots of other base stat changes.”
- New passive stats: 20-35 percent of bonus move speed is applied as on-hit and W damage.
- Passive no longer gives Janna six percent move speed toward allies.
- Q mana cost increased from 60-100 to 90-110, cooldown increased from 12 to 14, damage increased from 60-160 (plus 35 percent ability power) to 55-195 (plus 50 percent ability power), channel damage reduced from 45-105 (plus 30 percent ability power) to 30-90 (plus 30 percent ability power).
- W cooldown changed from 12 to 8-6, mana cost reduced from 50-90 to 50-70, damage reduced from 80-200 (plus 60 percent ability power) to 55-195 (plus 60 percent ability power and passive), slow duration reduced from three to two seconds.
- E cooldown increased from 15-9 to 16-12, shield increased from 75-175 (plus 55 percent ability power) to 80-220 (plus 55 percent ability power), shield duration reduced from five to four seconds, mana cost reduced from 70-110 to 70-90.
- New: W passive no longer deactivates while on cooldown.
- New: E cooldown reduced from 20 percent on crowd control with Q, W, and R.
- Removed: E no longer provides 15 percent heal and shield power on crowd control with Q, W, and R.
- New: E shield no longer decays.
- Q required bonus health for minimum cast time increased from 1200 to 1600.
- E ability power ratio reduced from 85 to 80 percent.
- R ability power ratio reduced from 60 to 50 percent.
- Q bonus attack speed reduced from 10-60 to 10-50 percent.
- R damage over time ratio reduced from 112 to 80 percent bonus attack damage, base damage unchanged, burst damage unchanged, total damage reduced from 185-505 (plus 232 percent) to 185-505 (plus 200 percent).
- W bonus armor increased from 30-40, total armor scaling unchanged.
- Q damage reduced from 30-170 to 30-150 (50 percent bonus attack damage ratio unchanged), healing reduced from 40-100 to 40-80 (30 percent bonus attack damage plus 40 percent ability power plus 1.6 lethality ratio unchanged).
- Passive damage changed from 4-25 (plus seven percent ability power) to 5-30 (plus five percent ability power). 50-250 ability power breakeven.
- Q cooldown increased from 9-5 seconds to 10-5.
- W shield reduced from 50-150 (plus 25 percent ability power) to 50-150 (plus 20 percent ability power).
- Passive bonus health ratio reduced from five to four percent.
- Base armor reduced from 22 to 18.
- Basic attack frame decreased from 20.8 percent to 20.
Mage basic attacks
- Rumble, Singed, Heimerdinger, Ziggs, Xerath, Ivern, Neeko, Ahri, Twisted Fate, Teemo
Missile Speed changes
- Karthus, Cassiopeia, Annie, Veigar, Teemo, Orianna
Attack Speed changes
- Singed, Heimerdinger, Annie, Vel’Koz, Xerath, Lissandra, Zilean, Anivia, Zoe, Ryze, Syndra, Taliyah, Ahri, LeBlanc
- No changes this update.
- No changes this update.
- No changes this update.
- Vision reveal radius when attacking from fog-of-war reduced from 400 to 300.
- Reveal circle duration reduced from 4.5 seconds to two seconds.
- Within 10 seconds of taking epic objective, all allied pings directed at player will be visible to team.
- The Alert and Enemy Missing ping can only be used three times before being limited.
- Quickplay Mode will be going live region by region during this patch. Blind Pick will be disabled for each server as Quickplay goes live.
Patch 13.22 has fixed all of these pesky bugs:
- Renata Glasc’s Passive instantly killed Zac when an ally attacked a Zac revive blob with her passive debuff.
- Pix was sometimes preventing Lulu players from earning kill credit.
- If the target of Briar’s R is untargetable when it lands it caused a mass disconnect.
- Janna’s W tooltip displayed incorrect information.
- Kai’Sa and Braum’s passive indicator overlapped.
- Jungle pet’s stealth VFX appeared to all enemies, also revealed stealthed champions.
- Recurve Bow’s tooltip was incorrect.
- If Briar killed Baron with Snack Attack, she got credit for all Baron-powered minion kills.
- Briar’s Blood Frenzy counted as CC in the death recap and crowd control score in the post-game stats.
- Briar’s auto attacks would become disabled after casting her Ultimate.
- Neeko’s clone did not properly display her Honor Five or Challenger Recall.
- Briar sometimes attacked allies when Berserked.
- Varus’s Q always showed the line indicator even if the setting was disabled.
- Empyrean Jax’s flame would be misplaced during his recall animation.
- Jax played default attack animation on his W when he had any passive stacks.
- Briar’s W auto attack animations against other champions were slowed down.
- Sylas’s UI displayed an incorrect Ultimate when Hijacking Neeko’s Ultimate.
- Briar’s Frenzy triggered the loss of control screen flash.
- Jungle item could be re-added to your inventory after transformation if you used undo feature in the shop.
Prestige HEARTSTEEL Yone
Breakout True Damage Ekko
Update Oct. 31 8:24pm CT: Added all specific changes.
Update Oct. 31 4:10pm CT: Added new HEARTSTEEL skin details.
Update Nov. 7 1pm CT: Official patch notes added.
This article will be updated throughout the League patch cycle.