A new Call of Duty: Warzone update became available last night, offering a fix for yet another version of the “infinite stim glitch” that’s popped up in the battle royale numerous times.
Multiple variations of the Stim glitch have shown up in Warzone over the past few months, each of them seemingly more annoying than the last. But basically, the glitch allowed players to infinitely use the stim tactical equipment.
Being able to infinitely heal allows players to sit in a random spot inside of the gas, constantly healing over and over again, so they never die. This lets them win the game with ease while legitimate players die to the gas circle.
Raven Software said this infinite stim glitch stemmed from the “player getting stuck in throwback state after throwing back a live grenade.”
The update features some other fixes, too, including adjusting the timing of ammo replenishment during empty reloads for Black Ops Cold War weapons. This popped up for many players, who would try to reload and only have to do so immediately again when the magazine didn’t replenish somehow.
You can check out the full patch notes for the 11GB Warzone update below:
- New fix to remove infinite stim glitch
- Issue stemmed from player getting stuck in throwback state after throwing back a live grenade
- Adjusted match bonus and kill XP reward of Kingslayer mode to be more in line with Verdansk BR
- This is part of our continued effort to normalize XP rewards across our various game modes
- Adjusted the timing of ammo replenishment during empty reloads for BOCW weapons
- Certain operator missions for Stitch should now track as intended
- Fixed visual for the “Heavy Handed” Sledgehammer in the Player Armory
- Fixed issue where at high prestige levels, progress towards next level shown in Barracks Seasonal Progression did not match what was shown on the top banner of the main menu
- Removed Tier Skips from Modern Warfare Bundles
- Previewing Bruiser Cord watch in the Hot Shot Bundle will now display correct watch
- Fixed various minor issues including images, icons, and names
- Fixed a crash that occurs when launching the game due to changes being made to Windows GDI32