A slew of Teamfight Tactics system changes is coming with Patch 11.12, along with several new reach traits and balance changes that could have a major impact on the meta.
Scheduled to go live on June 9, Patch 11.12 is a major update that contains a number of important changes and the start of the Skyglass event. The new TFT event will run until July 7, offering players sweet rewards for completing missions.
System changes taking place in Patch 11.12 include the introduction of Bonus Armories, critical strike damage adjustments, Loot Orb buffs, and new reach traits. A total of 18 champions are getting balance changes, along with eight items and four traits.
From Urf Dowsie and Bonus Armories to Monstrosity adjustments and a LeBlanc overhaul, here’s every Set Five TFT change taking place in Patch 11.12.
The Skyglass event in Set Five Reckoning will run from June 15 to July 7 at 10am CT and contain a total of 15 missions. Upon the completion of each mission, players will earn rewards and help Pengu take down his evil doppelganger.
Rewards include 10 Star Shards for the first 12 missions, while the last three will contain a Magical Misfits Little Legends egg and two emotes. Skyglass eggs will also be available in the TFT shop during the event, priced at 390 Riot Points ($2.99 mobile). Bundles will be available too and the eggs may contain any Little Legend from launch to Spirit Blossom. Players will also have a chance to crack an egg containing the new Urf Dowsie.
Loot Orbs are getting another adjustment in TFT Set Five, possibly dropping consumables in rare drops. Consumables are Reforger, Neeko’s Help, Magnetic Remover, and Loaded Dice. They were first introduced to TFT in Set 4.5 via Lucky Lanterns (excluding Neeko’s Help) and are also available in the new Bonus Armories.
Force of Nature and Darkness can’t be rerolled and the number of components dropped for all players has been reduced by one.
Patch 11.12 introduces Bonus Armories that can contain consumables, spatulas, components, full items, and trait emblems. Stage 3-2 is getting adjusted while Stage 4-2 Armory is being removed.
- Stage 2-2: Remains the same, providing one Shadow component and one regular component to choose from.
- Stage 3-2: Getting changed to one Shadow component and one regular component. It was previously two regular components.
- Stage 4-2: Removed as of patch 11.12.
- Chance of Bonus Armory at Stage 4-2, 5-2, 6-2, or 7-2.
Hyper Roll Bonus Armories have a chance of appearing at Stage 5-2, 7-2, and 9-2. The normal Armories have been “shuffled slightly,” according to Riot, due to the addition of Bonus Armories.
Critical strike damage
Patch 11.12 contains a nerf to critical strike damage in TFT Set Five. Due to the dominance of items like Jeweled Gauntlet and Infinity Edge in the meta, the balance team has lowered the critical strike damage from 150 to 130 percent with the goal of creating more diversity.
A total of four traits are getting nerfs and buffs, along with six that are receiving a new chase trait tier.
- Dragonslayer six: Dragonslayers have 140 ability power while teammates have 100 AP.
- Ironclad four: Allies gain 180 armor.
- Renewer six: Renewers heal for 10 percent of their maximum health each second and at full health restore 10 percent of their mana instead.
- Revenant four: Revenants revive with 100 percent of maximum health.
- Spellweaver six: Spellweavers have 80 increased ability power and are granted an additional eight AP per cast, staking up to 10 times.
- Skirmisher nine: Skirmishers gain a shield equal to 60 percent of their maximum health at the start of combat and 10 bonus AD per second.
Trait balance changes
Abomination takes a hit in Patch 11.12 with adjustments to the Monstrosity, affecting how it hits backline units. Dawnbringers are getting a buff while playing early-game Skirmishers may become an option once again.
- Abomination: The Monstrosity stops charging after slamming into two targets. It also removes attack speed slows and AD reduction effects when he casts his spell.
- Abomination: Monstrosity armor/magic resist was buffed from 40/50/60 to 40/60/75. Attack damage for the Monstrosity was reduced to 90/150/200 and bonus AD was nerfed to 9/15/20.
- Dawnbringer: Bonus damage increased from 10 to 12 percent.
- Redeemed: Armor/magic resist and ability power is getting buffed from 30/50/70 to 30/60/90.
- Skirmisher: Maximum health shield adjusted from 20/40/60 to 25/40/60 percent.
- Cavalier: Damage reduction reduced from 20/30/35 to 20/25/30 percent
Champion balance changes
Brand is getting his mana lock increased in Patch 11.12 due to a bug that caused items like Archangel’s and Sacrificial Gauntlet to trigger twice with Blue Buff, despite only casting once. The bug has been fixed and the nerf should keep the Spellweaver from being overpowered.
LeBlanc is also going through a number of changes, moving her into her intended utility role and not a carrier. Riven is getting nerfed at three-star while Jax is getting a buff and likely back on the meta radar. And Hecarim’s ability will now properly scale with his ability power, leading to a number of nerfs.
One-cost TFT champions
- Lissandra 1,000 Daggers primary damage increased from 250/300/400 to 280/330/450
- Lissandra 1,000 Daggers secondary damage increased from 125/150/200 to 140/165/225
- Vayne Silver Bolts damage increased from 65/90/140 to 70/100/140Ziggs health nerfed from 500 to 450
Two-cost TFT champions
- Brand mana lock after casting increased to 1.5 seconds
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread damage reduced from 450/600/1200 to 250/350/500
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread healing reduced from 300/400/800 to 100/150/250
- LeBlanc Ethereal Chain damage reduced from 200/250/500 to 100/150/250
- LeBlanc Ethereal Chain stun duration adjusted from two seconds to 1.5/2/2.5 seconds
- LeBlanc health increased from 550 to 600
- Nautilus Anchor Slam damage increased from 150/250/700 to 200/300/750
- Nautilus attack damage increased from 65 to 80
- Sejuani attack damage buffed from 45 to 65
- Thresh attack damage increased from 55 to 75
Three-cost TFT champions
- Katarina Sinister Blade primary damage reduced at three-star from 450 to 420
- Katarina Sinister Blade secondary damage reduced from 100/125/225 to 100/125/210
- Riven Blade of the Dawn attack damage bonus nerfed at three-star from 150 to 130 percent
- Riven: Attack damage reduced from 90 to 85
- Nunu maximum mana buff changed from 60/120 to 40/100
- Zyra maximum mana buff adjusted from 60/120 to 40/100
- Zyra Grasping Roots damage reduced from 250/350/700 to 200/325/700
Four-cost TFT champions
- Jax Empowered Strike bonus attack speed buffed from 20/25/60 to 30/35/100 percent
- Karma mana lock changed from 1.25 to 1.5 seconds
- Karma mana reduction per cast reduced from 20/20/40 to 15/15/30
- Karma Soulflare damage increased from 200/250/600 to 240/300/700
- Aphelios mana adjusted from 0/100 to 0/90
- Vel’Koz attack speed adjusted from 0.65 to 0.75
Five-cost TFT champions
- Kayle Divine Ascent third ascension attacks per immunity increased from seven to 10
Set Five item balance changes
Sacrificial Gauntlet is receiving adjustments while Vengeful Trap Claw is getting a name change to Banshee’s Claw.
- Archangel’s Staff mana ratio increased from 40 to 45 percent
- Archdemon’s Staff of Immortality mana ratio increased from 350 to 400 percent
- Bloodthirster lifesteal nerfed from 40 to 33 percent
- Riskthirster self-damage reduced from 33 to 25 percent of maximum health
- Hand of Justice attack damage and ability power increased from 40 to 45
- Ionic Spark magic resist shred buffed from 40 to 50 percent
- Sacrificial Gauntlet self-damage adjusted from 15 percent of maximum health to 100 percent of maximum mana multiplied by star level
- Shadow Titans Resolve damage reduced from 25 to 20 percent
Patch 11.12 bug fixes
- Brand will no longer have his cast count twice towards on-cast effects such as Archangel’s Staff and Shadow Jeweled Gauntlet
- Hecarim’s spell correctly scales with his ability power now
- Vel’Koz will locate a new target with his Ray if his current target becomes untargetable through an item like Guardian Angel or the Revenant trait.
- Pantheon will also face a new combat target if his current one becomes untargetable
- Shields and Healing chart will now correctly credit Rell for her shielding
- Units will no longer chase Kennen if he dashes far away