Brawl Stars’ new update, titled Jurassic Splash, is here with a lot of new content.
The update is bringing two new Brawlers, as well as lots of skins, pins, events, and other changes. The two Brawlers are called Buzz and Griff. The former is the chromatic Brawler for the season.
Here are the complete patch notes for Brawl Stars’ Jurassic Splash update.
New Brawler: Buzz
Buzz is the chromatic Brawler for the season.
Main Attack: Buzz Off
- A series of short-range attacks that goes from left to right.
Super Ability: Torpedo Throw
- Buzz shoots his Torpedo Buoy and pulls himself to the target enemy or a wall.
- The Brawler briefly stuns enemies in the area after arriving at the location. The stun length is based on the distance traveled.
- Buzz can charge his Super ability passively from nearby enemy Brawlers, the range is visualized as a circle around the Brawler.
Gadget: Reserve Buoy
- Instantly charges the super ability but removes the stun effect from the next super activation.
Star Power: Tougher Torpedo
- Minimum super stun length is increased by 0.5 seconds.
Star Power: Eyes Sharp
- Super ability charging area is increased by 33 percent.
New Brawler: Griff
Griff is an epic Brawler who is the boss of Colette and Edgar. He uses tips from these two Brawlers’ tips jar to attack.
Main Attack: Coin Toss
- Griff tosses nine coins at the enemy which spread out the further they go.
Super Ability: Cashback
- Fires banknotes that return to Griff’s location after a brief duration dealing damage when traveling both ways.
- Damage dealt is increased based on the distance from Griff.
Gadget: Piggy Bank
- A bomb that explodes after a delay destroying walls and dealing damage to enemies in the area.
Star Power: Keep The Change
- Increases the fire rate of the main attack.
Star Power: Business Resilience
- Heals seven percent of missing health every two seconds. Minimum of 10 health healed per activation.
New skins and visual improvements
- Burger Lou
- Surfer Carl – Brawl Pass Tier 1
- Born Bad Buzz – Brawl Pass Tier 70
- Coco Rosa
- Summer Dino Leon
- Beach time Mortis
- Dino Jet-ski Jacky – Power League exclusive skin
- Whale Watch Nita – Supercell MAKE skin
- Hermes Max
- Mega Box Darryl – Free Skin celebrating 1 year of Brawl Stars released in China
- True Gold/Silver Colt
- True Gold/Silver Mr. P
- Vicious Bibi
- Wicked Stu
- Trash Poco
Latin America Masters League
- Multiple football Club skins.
- Boca Júniors Shelly, America Shelly, U de Chile Shelly, El Primo Universitario, El Primo Club Nacional, EL Primo Corinthians, Atl. Nacional Colt, Cerro Porteño Colt, River Plate Colt, Club America Colt, LDU Quito Mike, Flamengo Mike, Chivas Mike.
- Each Brawler has been given a new Rare rarity Clap emote pin. These won’t be animated in this update yet.
- New animated Pins
- Gale – Brawl Pass
- Surge – Brawl Pass
- Colette – Brawl Pass
- Ruffs – Brawl Pass
- Belle – Brawl Pass
- Lou – Brawl Pass
- Brawl Esports 2020 Champie Pins
- Brawl Pass Season 7: The Jurassic Splash
- Loading Screen
- Main Menu Background
- Main Menu Music
- “Bad Randoms” punk music event
- Main Menu Background
- Main Menu Music
Game modes/event rotation changes
- Respawn changes
- Brawlers now spawn without ammunition after being defeated.
- Respawn locations are now marked on the ground.
- Active map modifiers are now displayed during the battle intro.
- Gems now spawn in a fixed order around the mine shaft.
- Knockout has been added as a permanent game mode to the game.
- Knockout now has an advancing poison effect similar to Showdown to bring the match to a conclusion and the damage based tiebreaker has been removed.
- Damage from Showdown poison is now calculated individually for each player from the moment their Brawler enters the poison instead of being applied to every Brawler inside the poison at the same time.
Team Events slots
- Two team events slots now have a two hour rotation per map and won’t award Tokens anymore.
- Team Events slot one: Heist, Hot Zone, Siege
- Team Events slot two: Bounty, Knockout
- Added a 50 token reward to the weekend event start.
- Challenges during Brawl Pass Season 7
- Griff Challenge – Beat the challenge to unlock Griff a week early!
- Vicious Bibi Skin Challenge – Beat the Challenge to win Vicious Bibi
- LATAM Masters Challenge – Beat the Challenge to win a Mega Box
- Power League Season 3
- 2 Player Profile Icons rewards
- Jet Ski Jacky skin reward – You must WIN 50 Power League matches to unlock it.
- Map rotation has been refreshed for multiple game modes.
- Some old fan-favorite maps have been added back to the rotation.
New limited-time summer modes
- Basket Brawl – Starts on June 28
- Hold the Trophy – Starts the following week
- Volley Brawl – You know the deal now.
- Trophy Thieves (previously known as Present Plunder)
- Added modifier options to player-made maps.
- Energy Drink
- Angry Robo
- Meteor Shower
- Graveyard Shift
- New Modifier: Fast Super (Super Charges much faster)
- New Modifier: Fast Players (Everyone is faster the whole time)
- New map elements
- Damage dealing spikes
- Healing tile
- Speed up tile
- Slow down tile
- Gas cloud
- Added map hashtag (#) to the map preview screen.
- Rico: For the next basic attack, each time a projectile bounces, Rico will be healed for 300 health.
- Lou: All enemies in the super area gets an extra 50 percent snow cone mark.
- Pam: For Pam’s next attack, each hit on enemy brawlers removes 25 percent of their maximum ammo. Pam reclaims 50 percent of the stolen ammo to herself.
- Edgar: Edgar gets a shield that blocks the next 2000 damage dealt with him. The shield gets weaker over time.
- Sandy: Sandy’s next attack makes the opponent fall asleep for 1.5 seconds. They will however wake up from any damage.
- Leon: Leon drops his lollipop to create an invisibility area for him and his teammates.
- Spike: Spike creates a large cactus with 3500 health to give him and his allies cover. Upon destruction, it bursts and heals all allies around it for 1000 health.
- Ruffs: Ruffs calls for air back up. It targets a large area at the closest enemy and deals 700 damage with each hit.
- Gale: Gale uses his leaf blower to create a local tornado, which will push away any enemy that tries to pass it.
- Stu: Stu’s next Super can bash through walls, making pieces of the wall fly at the enemies on the other side. Each piece deals 500 damage to opponents.
- Super ability damage boost decreased from 50 to 35 percent.
- Boosted Booster now adds a 15 percent damage boost to the super ability in addition to the increased range.
- Main attack bounces are now limited to up to three bounces.
- Main attack bounces now charge Belle’s super ability.
- Super ability range increased by 6.7 percent.
- Super Totem now gradually loses health overtime after being deployed until it’s destroyed.
- Super Totem no longer loses Super charging effectiveness over time.
- NA-AH Gadget has been reworked. It now adds an additional 1000 damage on top of Colette’s basic attack damage instead of dealing damage based on the opponent’s maximum health.
- Manual Override damage decreased from 2000 to 1800.
- Autofocus max damage decreased from 2500 to 1600.
- Super Charge Rate from the main attack increased by 33 percent (Nani can charge up her super with two attacks if she hits all projectiles).
The following Brawlers now charge their Super from all damage received from enemy Brawlers or their summoned turrets and pets. They have this passive ability described in their Brawler profile now under “traits”.
- El Primo
- Malaise enemy healing reduction effect increased from 50 to 75 percent.
- Freezing Snow slow effect increased from 0.3 to 0.5 seconds.
- Main attack damage increased from 900 to 940.
- Clay Pigeons projectile speed increased by 20 percent.
- Hypothermia enemy reload speed reduction effect increased from 50 to 75 percent.
- Decreased main attack projectile speed slightly.
- Hardy Hard Hat damage reduction decreased from 15 to 10 percent.
- Last Hurrah shield damage reduction decreased from 100 to 50 percent damage reduced while the shield is active.
- Nitro Boost no longer knocks enemies back upon hit.
- Super Charged charging rate decreased by 50 percent.
- Main attack damage decreased from 320 to 300 per hit.
- Added support for skin variations in the Brawler Menu
- Bo & Crow Mecha skins
- LATAM Masters skins
- Mortis hat & no hat variations
- Issue in Brawl Ball where area damage abilities were not always dealing the damage when used near the edge of the map has been fixed.
- Issue that prevented Belle from charging her super from the main attack secondary bounces has been fixed.
- Issue with Squeak’s main attack projectiles not being visible after they landed inside bushes has been fixed.
- Issue in Brawl Ball when certain Brawler attacks immediately kicked the ball if they received it while firing has been fixed.