This article is brought to you by StatBanana, the best Overwatch strategy tool.
A new update for the Overwatch Public Test Realm (PTR) was released yesterday and it introduced a ton of major changes.
Here’s a detailed look at the full patch notes and updates.
New feature: Replays
“Experience your past Overwatch games from a whole new perspective with Replays,” Blizzard wrote. “Replays allow you to watch your 10 most recent matches from any vantage point. Whether you want a first-person, third-person, or bird’s-eye view, you can see it all with this tool. Hone your strategies by slowing down or speeding up the game to see exactly how a critical moment played out, get a better view of the action from above, or even turn off the UI completely.”
Here’s an explanation of how the replay system will work.
- Increased heal ammo from 10 to 12.
- Ultimate duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Reduced length of Defense Matrix from 15 meters to 10 meters.
- Primary fire recovery reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds.
- Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.
- Teleporter interact range increased from 1 meter to 1.5 meters.
- Secondary Fire damage per pellet reduced from 12.5 to 10.5 (105 damage total per shot).
Game mode updates
- Time awarded for capturing Point A on all Assault maps has been reduced from four minutes to three minutes.
- Upon losing Point A, any defenders that are dead, or that die shortly thereafter, will have a maximum respawn of 3.5 seconds.
- Visual update applied.
- Check boxes added to support operations on multiple conditions/actions/rules.
- You can now disable conditions/actions/rules without deleting them.
- (PC) When copying conditions/actions/rules, the contents will also be copied to your clipboard in a text format.
- (PC) When pasting conditions/actions/rules, the editor will use the text from your clipboard.
- Increased maximum number of effects from 64 to 128.
- Added ‘Modify Global Variable At Index.’
- Added ‘Modify Player Variable At Index.’
- Communication Wheel: “Acknowledge” pings triggered through the Communication Wheel can now target objectives.
- Fixed a bug where explosions could play in the wrong position if a mispredicted impact happened on the client.
- Custom Game: Fixed a bug where AI Soldier: 76 wouldn’t fire his Helix Rocket at the same target twice.
- Custom Game: Fixed an issue where ‘Nearest Walkable Position’ would use a location in a spawn room instead of the specified location when the spawn room doors were closed.
- Tutorial: Weapon UI is now hidden until your weapon is available.
- Anti-Heal will be cleared when Sombra uses her translocator to teleport.
- Translocator will now escape slippery surfaces more easily and not be able to be stuck to them.
- Fixed an issue where a material effect on Sombra’s hair would cause it to cast a shadow while invisible.
- Fixed a bug where Torbjörn’s turret was sometimes able to shoot through walls.