Patches are long at times. Sometimes, we just want to know what’s going on. So down below, I’m going to quickly summarise all that was said in the recent 6.22 League of Legends patch in the least amount of words possible.
In consideration of time and how long this patch it, I will not be covering the overall assassin changes, as that is something which has been covered to death on the site already. As such, anything I have missed I will either leave a link or reference to for your benefit.
New, New, New
- Smite no longer grants specific buffs for each camp, but heals regardless of minion used on.
- Only Blue and Red buffs remain.
- Red and Blue stand alone.
- Two new baby raptors.
- Krugs keep splitting into smaller krugs, similar to Jax’s passive, until killed.
- Gromp attack speed up, damage down.
- Red = Blast Cone: knocks away nearby units (including the attacker) when destroyed—even over walls.
- Blue = Scryer’s Bloom: When destroyed, releases vision-granting pollen in a large cone that flies in the direction the attacker was facing, revealing units and wards for 12 seconds (three seconds on champions)
- Green = Honeyfruit: Drops five fruits on the ground when killed.
For the wider picture and no TLDR version, check out the whole jungle update here.
- Passive and E are conceptually swapping places.
- New E – Alistar tramples the ground for five seconds, damaging nearby units every 0.5 seconds.
- New Passive – Alistar gains Triumph stacks when applying hard crowd control to enemy champions and when nearby units die, healing himself and the closest ally when he reaches seven stacks.
- Ambush now camouflages Twitch.
- W leaves a gas cloud.
- Q cooldown decreased.
- Daisy has more health and is generally smarter.
- Remounts more quickly.
- W damage down.
Flat magic resist reduction replaced with magic damage amplification.
Nearby enemy champions take 10% more magic damage.
On-hit damage reduced.
Damage from multiple bolts down.
AP scaling down.
- Gangplank’s Q – Parrrley crits no longer travel faster than normal casts, fixing a bug that prevented him from chaining extra barrels during the travel time.
- Lucian’s W – Ardent Blaze no longer auto-fires in the same direction as Passive – Lightslinger‘s second shot if cast between Lightslinger’s shots.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Thresh to cast W – Dark Passage globally under specific circumstances. No lantern was created, but Thresh gained vision of the target area.
- Illaoi’s tentacles now normally swing at champions under the effects of Taric’s R – Cosmic Radiance or Kindred’s R – Lamb’s Respite.
- Jinx can no longer queue up Q – Switcheroo during the cast time of R – Super Mega Death Rocket. This addresses a bug that sometimes caused the rocket to appear further ahead to enemies than it was.
- Master Yi’s Q – Alpha Strike now properly charges Statikk Shiv’s passive.
- PROJECT: Fiora’s Passive – Duelist’s Dance Vitals indicators no longer visually disappear before the effect expires.
- PROJECT: Yasuo’s basic attack animations have been adjusted to visually slash the target at the same time damage is applied, rather than slightly after.
- Blackfrost Anivia’s W – Crystallize visuals have been widened to match her other skins (actual hitbox was never broken).
- When cast on a turret, Star Guardian Janna’s E – Eye of the Storm visuals now properly disappear if the shield is broken.
- Ivern can no longer be flagged as AFK if he farms the jungle for too long without interacting with anyone else.
- Wooglet’s Witchcap’s tooltip now properly indicates its active has a 120-second cooldown.
- Lowered the volume of Creator Viktor’s R – Chaos Storm churning.
- Lulu’s running animation has been restored on all skins.
- Winter Wonder Lulu’s Pix attack VFX have been “re-snowified.”
- Cassiopeia now properly plays VO lines when placing wards.
- Star Guardian Jinx’s corpse no longer gets stuck in a “T-pose” if she died while casting Q – Switcheroo.
- Brolaf no longer plays two VO lines at once when activating R – Ragnarok.
- Snow Day Gnar’s E – Hop bouncing audio has been fixed when Gnar stomps on friendly targets.
Worldbreaker Hecarim and Nasus
Worldbreaker Trundle and Nautilus
Battle Regalia Poppy
2017 Ranked Season
Testing for this season’s ranked queue changes will begin soon. In-depth explanations of those changes can be found here.
Starting next patch, the patch notes will include updates on the health of each ranked queue (“Health” here refers to stuff like queue times and match quality). Our goal is to keep you in the loop so that if we need to make queue adjustments, they won’t come as a surprise.
Adam Newell is a journalist for @ and can be contacted in ways displayed below:
Email: [email protected]
Images and information all from League of Legends.