The regional playoffs for the Western Europe region in the Call of Duty: Mobile World Championship 2020 will take place on Oct. 7 and 8.
Eight teams have made it to the regional playoffs after making it through three stages of qualifiers. The teams will be playing for a share of the $50,000 prize pool and a slot at the 2020 CODM World Championship Finals. Activision plans to hold this as a LAN event later this year, although no details have been revealed yet.
Here is everything you need to know about the CODM World Championship Western Europe regional playoffs.
- The eight teams will compete in a double-elimination bracket. The losers of the winner’s bracket will still have a chance to make it to the finals through the elimination bracket.
- If the team from the elimination bracket wins the finals, another match will be played to decide the champions.
- Each match will be the best-of-five rounds. Each round has five games played in three different modes: Hardpoint, Search and Destroy, and Domination. Here is the flow of games and maps:
|Game one||Game two||Game three||Game four||Game five|
|Round||Hardpoint||Search and Destroy||Domination||Hardpoint||Search and Destroy|
- The format of rounds one and two will be followed in the fourth and fifth rounds as well.
The eight teams in the regional playoffs are as follows, according to Liquipedia.
- Hammers Esports
- Team Singularity
- QLASH Spain
- Cold Esports
- Grizzly Gaming
- U4X Esports
- French Infinity
The $50,000 prize pool will be split as follows:
- First place: $15,000 and a slot at the World Championship Finals
- Second place: $10,000
- Third place: $8,000
- Fourth place: $5,000
- Fifth to sixth place: $3,500
- Seventh to eighth place: $2,500