Wizards of the Coast revealed a release date for the Secret Lair: Ultimate Edition 2 Pathway lands today more than a month after its initial announcement.
The MTG Secret Lair: Ultimate Edition 2 box will contain 10 Pathway full-art lands that will be available for purchase at Wizard Play Network (WPN) stores on May 7. Featuring full-art foil from 10 Magic artists, the six Pathway lands printed in Zendikar Rising showcase are from the plane of Kaldheim. The four Pathway lands scheduled to drop in the upcoming KHM set feature art from the plane of Zendikar.
- Barkchannel Pathway: Illustrated by Johannes Voss
- Blightstep Pathway: Illustrated by Grady Frederick
- Branchloft Pathway: Illustrated by Donato Giancola
- Brighclimb Pathway: illustrated by Paul Scott Canavan
- Clearwater Pathway: illustrated by Alayna Danner
- Cragcrown Pathway: Illustrated by Piotr Dura
- Darkbore Pathway: Illustrated by Jokubas Uogintas
- Henegate Pathway: Illustrated by Lucas Staniec
- Needleverage Pathway: Illustrated by Adam Paquette
- Riverglide Pathway: Illustrated by Yeong-Hao Han
More copies of the MTG Secret Lair: Ultimate Edition 2 are expected to get printed than the first Ultimate Edition, according to WotC. There’s also a chance that some boxes are black and others are dark gray due to issues presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Collectors and players will need to check with their WPN local game store to pre-order and purchase the Secret Lair Pathway box. The official release date for the Ultimate Edition 2 Secret Lair drop will take place on May 7.
All images via WotC.
Update Jan. 26 at 6:20pm CT: WotC had previously said the Ultimate Edition 2 Secret Lair would release on March. 5. Due to production issues, the launch date has been postponed to May 7.