Magic: The Gathering War of the Spark is just a week old on MTG Arena and players are putting together their tier one deck for the Competitive Metagame Challenge. Set to launch from May 3 to 6, this isn’t a janky homebrew tournament.
Launched with the open beta, the Competitive Metagame Challenge is designed to showcase the best of the best. One loss, and it’s game over. Go all the way to seven wins, however, and players walk with 5,000 gold and 30 War of the Spark booster packs.
Competitive Metagame Challenge is not a best-of-one tournament, but best-of-three, allowing players to bring sideboards into the event and make adjustments as needed per match.
Earnings for the event are as follows:
- 0 Wins: 500 Gold
- 1 Win: 1000 Gold
- 2 Wins: 1500 Gold and 1 War of the Spark booster
- 3 Wins: 2000 Gold and 3 War of the Spark boosters
- 4 Wins: 2500 Gold and 5 War of the Spark boosters
- 5 Wins: 3000 Gold and 10 War of the Spark boosters
- 6 Wins: 4000 Gold and 20 War of the Spark boosters
- 7 Wins: 5000 Gold and 30 War of the Spark boosters
The Competitive Metagame Challenge event costs 400 gems or 2,000 in-house game gold, allowing everyone a shot to take home a grand prize. It’s only available on MTG Arena and will run from May 3 to 6.
All Limited drafts (Sealed, Ranked, and Traditional) will still be available in addition to the Competitive Metagame Challenge event.