Brought to you by IKON, challenging you to share your greatest game moments and win amazing prizes.
League of Legends‘ newest champion, Yuumi, has been the talk of the town lately—but for all the wrong reasons. The Curious Cat has only been out for a day, and yet players are already complaining about her kit and the lack of power she provides. As a result, Riot Games is implementing a hotfix to fix her power problems.
Riot Games’ principal game designer Stephen “Mortdog” Mortimer answered a tweet aimed at him and several other Riot employees that said that Yuumi was incredibly underpowered. He mentioned that people should give it some time since a hotfix was being added into the game for the champion.
The team buffed Yuumi’s Q damage and its slow, her E’s healing, her ultimate’s damage, and her passive. Check out all the changes to her kit below:
- Base mana regeneration increased from 7.5 to 10.
- Passive mana restore increased to 40 to 160, based on level.
- Passive shield increased by 30 at every level (+0.4 ability power).
- (Q) Prowling Projectile damage increased from 40/60/80/100/120/140 (+0.3 ability power to 40/65/90/115/140/165 (+0.45 ability power).
- (Q) Prowling Projectile empowered damage increased from 60/100/140/180/220/260 (+0.6 ability power) to 60/105/150/195/240/285 (+0.6 ability power).
- (Q) Prowling Projectile slow increased from 30/40/50/60/70/80 percent to 40/48/56/64/72/80 percent.
- (Q) Prowling Projectile slow duration increased from 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds to 1.25/1.35/1.45/1.55/1.65/1.75 seconds.
- (E) Zoomies minimum heal increased by five at each level (+0.1 ability power).
- (E) Zoomies maximum heal increased by 10 at each level (+0.4 ability power).
- (R) Final Chapter multi-hit damage reduction is now 50 percent from subsequent waves instead of 40%.
These changes will hopefully give Yuumi enough power in the laning phase, as well as the later stages of a match. Granted, these low winrates could also be a symptom of players simply not playing the champion correctly. There were, however, some really glaring weaknesses with the champion that needed improving.