Patch 9.5 is Riot’s answer to the impending jungle problems facing League of Legends. The nerfs to the jungle in 9.2 were a step too far, placing overemphasis on early-game junglers—and to devastating effect.
Riot has had second thoughts on its changes to the jungle. Patch 9.2 completely took the wind out of scaling champions, and created a rift within the metagame. The jungle was flipped on its head and jungle camp experience was cut in half.
This meant junglers were harvesting less experience in the jungle, and delaying their path to the late-game. The champions that largely avoided ganking, and relied heavily on farming jungle camps, were hit the hardest. It gave the gank heavy, early-game centric junglers, the means to thrive.
Luckily Riot has addressed some of the jungle issues in Patch 9.5 and has implemented a number of buffs to scaling junglers. The jungle camp experience will remain the same, but some of less potent champions have been updated. The patch acts as a strong first step to solving the game’s issues.
Passive: Crystal Spires
- Crystal Spires’ radius increased from 1150 to 1600.
- Red buff Spire now covers Krugs and Raptors on both sides of the map.
- Spire removed from the minimap.
- Attack speed growth decreased from 2.5 percent to 2 percent.
Passive: Blast Shield
- Blast Shield’s cooldown increased from 12 seconds to 8 seconds (level 1 to 9), to 16 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Shield ratio increased from 10 percent to 15 percent max health.
Q: Vault Breaker
- Vault Breaker no longer deals 25 percent reduced damage to non-champions
- Bonus attack damage ratio decreased from 1.6 to 1.4.
W: Denting Blows
- Denting Blow’s attack speed increased from 30/35/40/45/50 percent to 30/37.5/45/52.5/60 percent.
- [New] Blast Shield’s cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds whenever Denting Blows procs.
E: Excessive Force
- Damage cone can now critically strike.
- Excessive Force’s ratio changed from 1.15 attack damage to 0.7 ability power, to 1.1 attack damage to 0.9 ability power.
R: Assault and Battery
- Assault and Battery’s cooldown increased from 110/85/60 seconds to 120/100/80 seconds.
- Damage increased from 150/300/450 (+ 1.4 bonus attack damage) to 150/325/500 (+1.1 bonus attack damage)
- Assault and Battery no longer deals 25 percent reduced damage to secondary targets.
- Vi can knock back three more enemies than she could previously pass through.
- Range increased from 250 over 0.25 seconds to 350 over 0.75 seconds.
- Attack damage increased from 63 to 66.