This article is brought to you by LoLwiz — The No. 1 in-game stats app.
League of Legends Patch 8.6 is nearly here, featuring Gun Goddess Miss Fortune, a metric ton of balance changes, and (finally) premade voice chat.
This is going to be one of the largest patches of the year, and we don’t just mean in terms of sheer content size. Starting this patch, Riot will be replacing many of the game’s back-end audio and system files, making the actual size of the patch much longer than most others this year. Because of that, you can expect rather long wait times when you actually try to apply the patch after its release.
Here is the full rundown of the patch, pulled straight from the current PBE cycle and official patch notes.
Voice Chat is arriving this patch, slightly after the patch actually hits live servers on March 21. This voice feature will be exclusive to premade groups, and it gets its own new menu for controlling volumes, members of the voice server, and for disabling/enabling the feature altogether.
Ahri (Delayed to Patch 8.7)
- For full details, click here.
- Orb of Deception no longer grants movement speed.
- Fox-Fire: Cooldown increased from 9-5 seconds to 10-8.
- Fox-Fire: Delay slightly increased.
- Fox-Fire: Cooldown begins on cast rather than on last hit.
- Fox-Fire: AP scaling increased from 30 to 40 percent.
- Charm: Damage and AP scaling lowered from 60-200 and 60 percent to 60-180 and 40 percent.
- Charm: New effect: “Enemies hit by Charm become vulnerable for five seconds, taking 20 percent more damage from Ahri’s abilities.”
- Spirit Rush: Cooldown increased from 110-80 seconds to 120-90.
- Spirit Rush: Damage lowered from 70-150 to 70-130.
- Spirit Rush: AP scaling raised by 10 percent.
LeBlanc (Delayed to Patch 8.7)
- Total reversal to her 2016 pre-rework kit; only some numbers are different. For full details, check out our full list.
- Mirror Image: Complete revert, no changes from pre-rework state.
- Sigil of Malice: Damage and AP scaling lower than pre-rework state.
- Sigil of Malice: Mana cost higher than pre-rework state.
- Distortion: Damage and AP scaling much higher than pre-rework state.
- Distortion: Mana cost increased by 10.
- Distortion: Blink lockout window lowered from 0.85 to 0.2 seconds after dash.
- Ethereal Chains: Damage and AP scaling from both initial hit and root increased significantly from pre-rework state.
- Ethereal Chains: Tether range lowered slightly, supposedly “more forgiving” to break free.
- Mimic: R-Q damage lowered; R-Q mark damage tweaked; R-W damage increased; R-E damage lowered; R-E root damage raised
- Mimic: Cooldown increased significantly from 54-30 seconds to 80-30.
- AD and MR per level increased
- Smoke Screen wind-up time reduced and vision reduction now applies more quickly
- Attack range increased.
- Passive and Icathian Rain scalings increased.
- Icathian Rain range increased.
- Void Seeker AP scaling reduced by 20 percent.
- Supercharge cast time decreased and movement speed boost increased.
- Killer Instinct radius increased slightly, and shield now applies on-cast.
- Soul collection pre-10 minutes significantly faster, while post-10 minutes will be slightly slower.
- Blade’s Reach: Bonus AD scaling raised from 120 percent to 130.
- Umbral Trespass: Bonus AD scaling raised to 175 percent.
- Passive isolation damage boost raised significantly from 65 percent to 100.
- Taste Their Fear base damage decreased slightly, bonus AD scaling raised by 10 percent.
- Taste Their Fear isolated damage boost increased from 65 percent to 100 percent.
- Taste Their Fear isolated base damage and scaling increased significantly.
- Void Spike: No longer deals bonus damage to monsters.
- Energy return from passive significantly increased.
- Resonating Strike range increased.
- Dragon’s Rage: Damage increased from 150-450 to 150-600.
- Ardent Blaze base damage increased significantly.
- The Culling AD scaling per shot and maximum scaling both raised.
- AD per level raised from one to two.
- Paranoia base damage and bonus AD scaling significantly increased.
- Base AD lowered slightly.
- AD per level raised slightly.
- Basic attacks on targets marked with Harrier will now trigger and consume the Harrier mark as soon as they are in-flight, even if the animation is cancelled.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Skystrike now applies Harrier to all enemies hit.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Channeling and flight no longer interrupted by damage. Instead, movement speed bonus is removed for two seconds. Taking damage from minions no longer affects this ability at all.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Tons of bug-fixes.
- Gleaming Quill: AP scaling increased from 50 percent to 60.
- Grant Entrance: AP scaling increased from 50 percent to 70.
- Battle Dance: Range increased by 100 units; lowered by 100 units for Xayah’s bonus.
- Ferocity lockout post-empowered ability reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.1 seconds for Q and E.
- Savagery empowered AD scaling increased by 10 percent, and animation adjusted to make cancelling “feel better.”
- Bola Strike: AD scaling raised from 70 percent to 80.
- Thrill of the Hunt: Leap bonus damage AD scaling raised from 30 percent to 50.
- Tons of bug-fixes.
- Flamespitter: Damage increased from 135-315 to 150-350.
- The Equalizer: Damage increased from 650-1200 and 150 percent AP to 700-1300 and 175 percent AP.
- Deceive: First attack after casting now deals 10-50 damage plus 70 percent bonus AD and 30 percent total AP.
- Passive damage tweaked from 75-175 at levels 1-11 to 75-245 at levels 1-18.
- Shadow Assault: Bonus AD scaling increased from 80 percent to 100.
- AD per level increased slightly.
- Crushing Blow: Bonus AD scaling increased from 10 percent to 10-50 percent depending on ability rank.
- Razor Shuriken nerfed to deal less damage after first target is struck, but there is no longer a penalty for landing more than one shuriken on one target.
- Death Mark: Damage bonus raised from 20-45 percent to 25-55 percent.
- While Deadly Plumage is active on both Xayah and Rakan, only their own Deadly Plumage buff hits the enemy when either one attacks (in other words, they don’t stack).
Gun Goddess Miss Fortune – 2775 RP
Birdio – 975 RP
Pizza Delivery Sivir – 1350 RP
Hextech Alistar – Hextech crafting
Conqueror (new rune)
- New Precision Keystone rune.
- “After four seconds in combat, your first attack against an enemy champion grants you 10 – 35 AD, based on level, for three seconds and converts 20 percent of your damage to champions to True damage for the duration. Melee only: Damaging enemy champions refreshes this buff.”
Chrysalis (new rune)
- New Resolve rune—row three.
- “Start the game with an extra 60 health. At four takedowns, consume that health to gain an adaptive bonus of nine attack damage or 15 ability power.”
- Duration lowered from five to three seconds.
Mirror Shell and Iron Skin
- Removed from game.
Manaflow Band (Reverted, will likely resurface in the next cycle)
- New effect: “Hitting an enemy champion with an ability permanently increases your maximum mana by 10, up to 400 mana. After reaching 400 bonus mana, restore one percent of your missing mana every four seconds.”
Presence of Mind (Reverted, will likely resurface in the next cycle)
- New effect: “Takedowns restore 20 percent of your maximum mana and grant an additional 15-100 experience (based on level).”
- Magic damage boost increased from 10 percent to 15.
- Range reduced significantly.
Dead Man’s Plate
- Passive momentum no longer decays under effect of slows or while basic attacking.
- Passive Crushing Blow now discharges at any number of stacks, but only slows with max stacks and for melee only.
- Passive Crushing Blow now deals magic damage.
Duskblade of Draktharr
- Blackout now causes user to instantly kill vision devices with melee attacks.
- Nightstalker passive no longer deals different damage for ranged and melee.
- Damage is now 30-200 across the board, lower than both the melee and ranged damage amounts previously.
- Now provides 25 AD, 25 AP, and 25 percent attack speed.
- Passive: “Basic attacks deal 5 (+10 percent Bonus Attack Damage) physical and 5 (+10 percent Ability Power) magic damage on hit.”
- Unique passive: Basic attacks grant +8 percent Attack Speed, +4 percent Bonus Attack Damage, and +4 percent Ability Power for 5 seconds (up to 6 stacks).
- Guinsoo’s Rage is still the same (every other basic attack applies on-hit damage twice).
Locket of the Iron Solari (Delayed to Patch 8.7)
- Unique active changed from shield to AoE protective field that lowers incoming damage on allies by 35 percent for eight seconds.
- Damage increased from 50-120 to 60-140.
- Mana cost on active ability lowered from 20 percent current mana to 15 percent, but duration is decreased.
- New item.
- Cost 2100g.
- Provides 40 AP, 200 health, 10 percent CDR, and eight percent movement speed.
- Unique active grants you and your nearby allies a burst of movement speed for three seconds.
- No longer deals bonus damage to minions.
- Damage lowered from 60-160 to 60-140.
- Damage increased from 70-410 to 80-505.
- Cooldown increased by 30 seconds.
Ghost (Delayed to Patch 8.7)
- Movement speed tweaked 28-45 percent to a flat 40 percent.