Gambit vs. Na`Vi headlines the first round of the ELEAGUE Major New Legends stage
As the teams take a break after the New Challengers stage of the ELEAGUE Major: Boston, the matches for the start of the next round have been revealed.
The all-CIS matchup between defending Valve Major champion Gambit Esports and Natus Vincere is the pick of the first day of fixtures in the New Legends stage. Na`Vi’s current in-game leader, Daniil "Zeus" Teslenko, left the Major-winning team in favor of a Na`Vi lineup with slightly more star power, featuring Oleksandr "s1mple" Kostyliev and newcomer Denis “electronic” Sharipov.
Teams with Challenger and Legend status were paired and randomly chosen on-stream. The traditional eight Challenger and eight Legend teams were adjusted to seven Challengers and nine Legends to account for 100 Thieves vacated spot, which was determined last night in a redemption qualifier for the teams eliminated in round five of the New Challenger stage.
Below is the full list of matchups, with no one game being in particular order. ELEAGUE will release the order of the games later this week.
- BIG (Legend) vs. Team Liquid (Challenger)
- Virtus Pro (Legend) vs. Quantum Bellator Fire (Challenger)
- Gambit Esports (Legend) vs. Natus Vincere (Challenger)
- Astralis (Legend) vs. Mousesports (Challenger)
- North (Legend) vs. Vega Squadron (Challenger)
- SK Gaming (Legend) vs. Space Soldiers (Challenger)
- Fnatic (Legend) vs. FaZe Clan (Challenger)
- Cloud9 (Challenger) vs. G2 Esports (Challenger)
The New Legends stage will kick off on Jan. 19, starting at 10am ET.