The Call of Duty World League season for WWII is quickly coming to an end—but two of the biggest tournaments of the year still remain.
Over the past two months, the top 16 teams in the world have been competing in Stage Two of the CWL Pro League. These teams were separated into two Divisions and they each played 14 regular season matches in hopes of qualifying for the Stage Two Playoffs.
Now, the eight best CWL Pro League teams will travel to Columbus, Ohio to battle for their share of the $500,000 playoffs prize pool this weekend.
Here’s everything you need to know about the 2018 CWL Pro League Stage Two Playoffs.
After an intense regular season, the 16 CWL Pro League teams have been narrowed down to the top eight squads. The four teams with the best record in each Division earned a spot in the Stage Two Playoffs.
Here are the teams that qualified for the Stage Two Playoffs, as well as their regular season placing and the rosters for each squad.
- Red Reserve (First place, Division A): Joseph “Joee” Pinnington, Rhys “Rated” Price, Trei “Zer0” Morris, and Matthew “Skrapz” Marshall
- Team Kaliber (Second place, Division A): Kenny Williams, Lamar “Accuracy” Abedi, Maurice “Fero” Henriquez, and Ian “Enable” Wyatt
- Echo Fox (Third place, Division A): Renato “Saints” Forza, Brice Faccento, Ulysses “Aqua” Silva, and Donovan “Temp” Laroda
- FaZe Clan (Fourth place, Division A): Dillon “Attach” Price, Tommy “ZooMaa” Paparratto, Preston “Priestahh” Greiner, and James “Replays” Crowder
- OpTic Gaming (First place, Division B): Seth “Scump” Abner, Ian “Crimsix” Porter, Sam “Octane” Larew, and Anthony “Methodz” Zinni
- eUnited (Second place, Division B): James “Clayster” Eubanks, Alec “Arcitys” Sanderson, Preston “Prestinni” Sanderson, and Tyler “FeLo” Johnson
- UNILAD (Third place, Division B): Bradley “Wuskin” Marshall, Sean “Seany” O’Connor, Alex “Alexx” Carpenter, and Zach “Zed” Denyer
- Rise Nation (Fourth place, Division B): Daniel “Loony” Loza, Tommy “TJHaLY” Haly, Peirce “Gunless” Hillman, and Austin “SlasheR” Liddicoat
The CWL Pro League Stage Two Playoffs will feature a double-elimination bracket. The top half of the bracket consists of Red Reserve vs. Rise Nation and eUnited vs. Echo Fox, while the other side includes UNILAD vs. Team Kaliber and FaZe Clan vs. OpTic Gaming.
Each matchup will be played in a best-of-five series using the CWL ruleset and map veto system. These eight teams will be fighting for their share of the $500,000 prize pool, with $200,000 going to the Stage Two champion.
Friday’s tournament action will start at 3pm CT, while Saturday and Sunday’s gameplay and broadcast will begin at 12pm CT. Here’s the schedule for Friday’s action in the CWL Pro League Stage Two Playoffs.
Friday, July 27
- 3pm CT: Team Kaliber vs. UNILAD
- 4:30pm CT: Echo Fox vs. eUnited
- 6pm CT: Red Reserve vs. Rise Nation
- 7:30pm CT: FaZe Clan vs. OpTic Gaming
How to watch
Playoff action will be livestreamed on MLG, as well as Twitch—which will probably only feature an Alpha stream this weekend. Call of Duty fans who own WWII on PlayStation 4 can also watch the Stage Two Playoffs by using the in-game Theater in the Headquarters.
The CWL Pro League Stage Two Playoffs will undoubtedly showcase some of the best Call of Duty gameplay—and it all kicks off on Friday, July 27.