Teamfight Tactics lead game designer Stephen “Mortdog” Mortimer unveiled today a number of light changes coming with Patch 10.20.
Scheduled to go live on Sept. 30, the TFT 10.20 patch contains a large number of “nudge” buffs applied towards one and two-cost champions. There’s also a Combat Recap upgrade taking place that will display defensive stats. A few items were adjusted, along with bug-fixes. And a system change reducing the number of four-cost champions available at level eight will take place to make rolling for those units a little harder to accomplish.
Here are the balance changes revealed by Mortdog in his 10.20 patch rundown on Twitch:
Most of the item changes are light, with a slight nerf to Sunfire Cape and buffs to underused items. A bug-fix was also applied to double Jeweled Gauntlets that was increasing spell crits.
- Luden’s Echo Damage increased from 180 to 200
- Statikk Shiv Damage increased from 80 to 85
- Statikk Shiv Bonus Damage increased from 80 to 85
- Sunfire Cape Burn Damage Cadence changed from one to two seconds
Cultist has been a “very” strong trait to run in the early game, leading to a reduction in Galio’s stats with three Cultists. Mage, on the other hand, has been on the weak side, leading to buffs that will help the trait become a “more consistent” trait to play.
- Cultist (3) Galio Attack Damage reduced from 150 to 125
- Cultist (3) Galio Health reduced from 1,800 to 1,600
- Dusk team Spell Power reduced from 20/20/50 to 20/20/40
- Keeper Shield increased from 175/250/325 to 175/250/400
- Mage Spell Power increased from 70/110/180 to 80/110/180
- Spirit Attack Speed reduced from 35/90 to 35/80 percent
- Fortune gold value increased and “all gold” drops removed at higher level losses. There is also a chance to acquire Spatulas from five or more losses.
Nami has been one of the “weaker champions in the set,” in addition to Vayne. Buffs applied to these units, along with Diana and Lissandra, should “improve early game comps.”
- Diana orbs increased to 4/5/6/10
- Lissandra dagger damage increased to 350/450/600/900
- Lissandra dagger secondary damage increased to 175/225/300/450
- Nami prison stun increased to 2.5/3/4 seconds
- Vayne attack speed increased from 0.8 to 0.9
Similar to Diana and Lissandra, Aphelios during the early game has been weak, resulting in a turret duration adjustment. Buffs were applied to Annie to assist the Mage trait while also helping her perform as a strong frontline champion.
- Annie Burst Shield Damage increased from 200/300/450 to 250/350/450
- Annie Burst Shield increased from 400/600/900 to 500/700/900
- Jax Attack Speed increased from 0.65 to 075
- Jax starting/total mana adjusted to 50/100
- Aphelios Turret Duration changed to 7/8/9/11
- Hecarim Spirit of Life Healing increased from 250/350/500 to 250/400/600
Jinx’s spell in the TFT 10.20 patch will become an “actual spell” as opposed to an auto-attack. The change will “likely feel like a nerf,” according to Mortdog, and “adjustments will get applied to Jinx later on if needed.” Veigar changes allow him to become a better carry, targeting the lowest current health unites instead of the lowest percent health. This change will target Ashe in a Brawl/Ashe comp, for example, according to Mortdog.
- Xin Zhao total mana changed from 50 to 30
- Yuumi Healing increased at three-star to 75 percent
- Yuumi Attack Speed at three-star increased to 60 percent
- Veigar will target the lowest current health instead of the lowest percent health.
- Veigar Butterfly Blast Damage reduced at three-star from 1,150 to 1,000
- Veigar Spell Power gain changed from 1/2/5 to 1/2/4
Riven has been strong since launch but the TFT team wants her to remain a strong champion, leading to adjustments only at three-cost. And the changes to Shen should help his “tankiness,” according to Mortdog.
- Riven shield reduced at three-star to 750 from 1,000
- Riven strike damage reduced from 180/250/1000 to 175/250/750
- Riven wave damage reduced at three-star from 2,000 to 1,500
- Shen armor increased from 50 to 60
- Shen starting/total mana changed from 60/125 to 50/100
- Shen dash shield and taunt duration changed from 4/4/4 to 4/4/8.
Only a few minor tweaks are getting applied towards five-cost units, including a “slight nerf” to Zilean and a few mana adjustments.
- Lee Sin total mana changed from 50 to 40
- Sett starting/total mana changed from 50/125 to 70/175
- Yone total mana changed from 100 to 80
- Zilean will no longer cast on himself but will target “other” Zileans
Balance changes that will take place in the TFT 10.20 patch are scheduled to go live on Sept. 30 and are playable on PBE now. Some adjustments are subject to change prior to the patch releasing.