The next set of weekly challenges leading up to Pokémon Go Fest 2020 is officially rolling out. And this time, it’s been hijacked by Team GO Rocket and their new balloons.
Last week, the challenges were focused on testing a player’s skill in catching Pokémon and throwing Poké Balls. But now, it’s shifted to a focus on battling.
To complete all of the Battle Challenge week tasks, players will need to battle GO Rocket Grunts, power up their team, and purify Shadow Pokémon that they rescue from the evil team. And just like with last week’s challenges, if one million players from any team show up and complete all of the challenges, every player from that team will unlock an additional rare encounter. They don’t need to complete the Elite challenges, but it’s a good bonus objective.
Here are all of the Go Fest Skill Challenge week tasks and rewards.
- Instinct: Ferroseed
- Mystic: Alolan Grimer
- Valor: Alolan Marowak
- Power up a Pokémon – 100 Stardust
- Evolve a Pokémon – One Rare Candy
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Grunt – Two Hyper Potions
Total rewards: 100 XP, five Revives, and five Hyper Potions
- Purify two Shadow Pokémon – two Max Revives
- Power up a Pokémon twice – 200 Stardust
- Defeat two Team Go Rocket Grunts – two Max Potions
Total rewards: Three Max Potions, Hitmonlee Encounter, and three Max Revives
- Power up a Pokémon three times – 500 Stardust
- Rescue three Shadow Pokémon – three Max Revives
- Defeat three Team Go Rocket Grunts – three Max Potions
Total rewards: One Rare Candy, Absol Encounter, one Super Rocket Radar
- Defeat 15 Team Go Rocket Grunts – five Super Potions
- Defeat a Team Go Rocket Leader five times – five Hyper Potions
- Defeat the Team Go Rocket Boss (Giovanni) – five Max Potions
Total rewards: 500 XP, 500 Stardust, and five Razz Berries