With Mega Evolution finally added to Pokémon Go, Niantic is rolling out another event themed around the new mechanic that focuses on Mega Evolved Pokémon being your buddy.
The Mega Buddy Challenge will give you extra rewards for walking around with your Mega Evolved Pokémon, taking snapshots of them, and increasing their happiness. And if you complete the Timed Research, you will gain access to more Timed Research during the Halloween event, which will let you encounter Mega Gengar.
Not only that, but there are increased encounters for certain species, including Doduo and Dodrio. If you are lucky, a you may even encounter a Shiny variant of the Twin and Triple Bird Pokémon.
If you plan on participating in the Mega Buddy Challenge, here are of the research tasks, which will run from Sept. 22 to 28.
- Catch Five Pokémon – Three Razz Berries
- Make Five Great Throws – Three Poké Balls
- Give your buddy Three treats – Houndour Encounter
Total Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1,000 XP, and 35 Mega Beedrill Energy
- Catch 10 Pokémon – Three Pinap Berries
- Use five Berries to help catch Pokémon – Three Poké Balls
- Earn a Candy walking with your buddy – Buneary Encounter
Total Rewards: 1,000 Stardust, 2,000 XP, and 40 Mega Beedrill Energy
- Catch nine different species of Pokémon – Three Golden Razz Berries
- Mega Evolve a Pokémon – Three Great Balls
- Earn seven hearts with your Buddy – Haunter Encounter
Total Rewards: 1,000 Stardust, 2,000 XP, and 60 Mega Beedrill Energy
- Claim reward – Three Silver Pinap Berries
- Claim reward – 10 Poké Balls
- Claim reward – Five Ultra Balls
Rewards: 2,000 Stardust, 5,000 XP, and a Snorlax Encounter