Forgot password
Enter the email address you used when you joined and we'll send you instructions to reset your password.
If you used Apple or Google to create your account, this process will create a password for your existing account.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Reset password instructions sent. If you have an account with us, you will receive an email within a few minutes.
Something went wrong. Try again or contact support if the problem persists.
Photo via Overwatch League

Fleta, Sp9rk1e among MVP candidates for 2021 Overwatch League season

This year's list of MVP candidates continues the raging battle between the Fuel and Dragons.

The Overwatch League’s 2021 season is quickly coming to a close, meaning it’s time to place votes for the player who shined the most this year. 

Recommended Videos

Due to how competitive the Overwatch League has been in 2021, this year’s list of MVP candidates consists of players from teams all across the standings, highlighting those who brought the most competition to the tournaments throughout the season. Yet some teams have received a lot more recognition for their consistency this year—specifically the competing reigns of the Dallas Fuel and the Shanghai Dragons.

This year’s OWL MVP candidates consist of the following players:

  • Fearless, Tank player for the Dallas Fuel
  • Leave, DPS player for the Chengdu Hunters
  • Hanbin, Tank player for the Dallas Fuel
  • Sp9rk1e, DPS player for the Dallas Fuel
  • Fleta, DPS player for the Shanghai Dragons
  • Lip, DPS player for the Shanghai Dragons
  • Izayaki, DPS player for the Shanghai Dragons
  • Pelican, DPS player for the Atlanta Reign
  • Shu, Support player for the Los Angeles Gladiators
  • Profit, DPS player for the Seoul Dynasty

Fans can vote for their choice of 2021 Overwatch League MVP via the OWL’s official website, where they can also easily access each player’s stats. In addition, voting is available via Twitter, where players can use #OWLMVP and the Twitter handle or Battle.net name of the MVP candidate for their vote to count. The OWL website says that votes from fans will only make up 25 percent of the overall vote tally, with the other 75 percent stemming from general managers, coaches, broadcast talent, and media.

The Overwatch League previously said this year’s MVP won’t receive an exclusive skin commemorating their achievement along the lines of JJoNak, Sinatraa, and Fleta. The player who wins this year’s MVP will receive a trophy, $50,000, and a jersey patch for their 2022 jersey.

Voting is now available on both the official OWL website and Twitter until Aug. 26. The winner of 2021’s MVP vote will be revealed in September when both the playoffs and Grand Finals of the 2021 season will take place.


Dot Esports is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more about our Affiliate Policy
Author
Image of Ethan Garcia
Ethan Garcia
Ethan Garcia is a freelance writer for Dot Esports, having been part of the company for three years. He has a Bachelor of Arts in Magazine Journalism from Syracuse University and specializes particularly in coverage of League of Legends, various Nintendo IPs, and beyond.
twitter