Riot Games will test an assassin-only game mode for League of Legends in the Public Beta Environment (PBE), called Hunt of the Blood Moon.
“Hunt of the Blood Moon is our take on the classic Assassin Power Fantasy, compressed into a mode,” the announcement read. “Two teams of assassins compete, sacrificing the opposition in an attempt to secure the Blood Moon’s blessing and briefly gain the power of a demon. The team most successful in gaining said favor wins.”
The full details for the event have been revealed below:
Map: Summoner’s Rift
Mode Type: Blind Pick, with Champion Restrictions.
Game Flow/ Mechanics:
- First team to obtain 300 points wins.
- Earn points in three ways: Sacrificing Enemy Champions, Enemy Spirits, and Demon Heralds.
- Enemy champions are… fairly straightforward. Find them, make them “Less alive,” and secure favor for your team (five, specifically).
- Spirits of the Blood Moon will passively filter into both teams jungles. Hunt down the enemy team’s spirits and sacrifice them as well (three points).
- Demon Heralds will periodically spawn in both. …Sacrifice them as well, and secure a grand total of 30 points.
- If you are able to defeat three enemies without returning to base (see: “Wussing out”) or dying you’ll briefly gain the power of a demon, turning invisible and running very (very) fast for the duration.
- The demon brand will break when you deal damage (or after 45 seconds), instantly doing 20% of the first target’s maximum health in true damage.
Other Gameplay Notes:
- Minimap indicators in both teams’ jungles will light up to indicate the number of spirits in that half of the jungle.
- A maximum of eight will spawn at a time, so hunt them down aggressively.
- Gold and Experience are flatlined, and Respawn Timers are reduced across the board.
- Lane minion spawns have been disabled, and turrets are invulnerable.
- At the start of the game, outer turrets are removed. Six minutes in, the second row will collapse as well, giving you a bit more space to play around in.
- We’ve removed a… not insignificant… number of items from the shop (Basically, if it’s mostly defensive, you probably can’t buy it).
Restricted Champion Pool:
For the first time in a game mode, we’re going to be using a limited pool of champions. Players will be restricted to a pool of 20 assassins and aggressive divers:
- Lee Sin
In celebration of the blood moon event, Riot will also be adding 10 of these champions to the “free-to-play: rotation for all players (exact details coming later).
Adam Newell is a journalist for @ and can be contacted in ways displayed below. If you have any tips or want anything covered, be sure to let us know:
Info and Image here.