You can get the complete Call of Duty experience on mobile by playing the game with a controller. The feature was added to the game by Activision in November 2019 and it’s still as fun as ever, multiple years later.
Presently, fans can enjoy CoD: Mobile only with an Xbox One or PlayStation 4 controller. All PS4 controllers are supported except the first-generation controllers. Activision has said that players using any other controller may have issues with functionality. The company plans to add support for more controllers in the future.
How to play Call of Duty: Mobile using a controller
- Connect your PS4 or Xbox One controller to your Android or iOS device. To learn how to do this with a PS4 controller, click here. To figure out how to connect your Xbox One controller to an Android or iOS device, click here.
- Once you’ve successfully paired your controller with your phone, just open the game and navigate to the settings option.
- In the top right of the settings menu, click on the Controller option to open the controller tab.
- Click on the settings of the controller tab.
- Make sure that the Controller Support option is enabled.
And that’s it. You can now play Call of Duty: Mobile with a controller. Controllers only work when you’re in a battle royale or multiplayer match, though. You’ll still have to use your phone to navigate around the in-game menu, which is pretty annoying but you get used to it after a few matches and in-between menu-scrolling sessions.
Fans can also customize various controller settings from the controller tab of the settings menu. This includes flipping the X or Y axis, adjusting the sensitivities, and more.
To ensure fair gameplay for everyone, players using controllers will only be matched against other controller players. Even if one player in a party is playing with a controller, the entire party will be matched against players using controllers. You didn’t think you’d have an easy go of it by stomping touch-screen players while you used a controller, did you?
A solid purchase idea for CoD Mobile controller players is a controller clip, which is basically a phone-holder that will clip onto a DualShock 4 or Xbox controller, allowing you to hold your phone and controller all in one.
For added functionality, consider purchasing a cable that connects from your desired controller to your phone of choice for quick, effortless gaming without the need to pair a Bluetooth device.