It’s been less than a week since the release of the Throne of Eldraine set on MTG Arena and several archetypes are already dominating.
In honor of MTG Arena exiting its open beta, WotC is offering players a chance to win one copy of every card in Standard via a two-part event on MTGA. Over the last five days, players were given a chance to build any deck in Standard with access to every card during the Play Any Card event.
Part two, the Win Every Card Challenge, launches Oct. 5 at 10pm CT. MTGA players will put their skills to the test to reap some major rewards.
Based on stats from a Reddit user and gameplay research, several archetypes dominated the field during the Play Any Card Event. The top-performing decks during the MTGA Play Any Deck event were Simic Ramp, Bant Ramp/Field, and Red-Deck Wins (RDW), according to the Reddit user. And our data showed similar results.
- RDW had a 60 to 68 win percentage (includes Torbran Cavalcade and Mono-Red Aggro).
- Simic Ramp had a 65 to 74 win percentage (Includes Oko/Nissa Food and Stonecoil/Hydroid Krasis ramp).
- Bant Field/Ramp had a 67 to 74 win percentage.
Update 10/5/2019: Updated top Standard MTG decks
Several MTG competitive tournaments from this past week have revealed the best ELD decks in Standard via MTGA and MTGO. Supporting our previous data, Bant Ramp and Bant Golos were the top performers in the Fandom Legends tournament.
Also included is the hot new Jeskai Fires deck. The shell of the Jeskai Fires deck is Fires of Invention, along with a superfriends team of planeswalkers. The supporting cast is cantrip, removal, and Fae of Wishes.
In the MTGO Standard League, the best performing decks were Golgari Midrange, Mono-Black Aggro, and Sultai Midrange. Of the three, Mono-Black Aggro is the best deck to play in a best-of-one format like the MTGA Win Every Card Challenge.
Mono-Black Aggro is built upon three solid foundations: Removal, sacrifice, cheap power, and evasion. In the deck created by Crokeyz, the king of removal is Rankle, Master of Pranks. And the sacrifice engine is Priest of Forgotten Gods. Knight of Ebon Legend and Spawn of Mayhem round out the supporting cast with cheap casting costs and powerful hits via evasion on counters.
Magic players have two options heading into the MTG Arena Win Every Deck Challenge: join the masses by running one of the top-meta decks from Play Every Card or design a deck set to break the meta. But choose wisely because the rewards are sweet.
- Zero to one win: One Throne of Eldraine Rare ICR plus Golden Egg card sleeve.
- Two to three wins: Two ELD Rare IRCs plus Golden Egg card sleeve.
- Four to five wins: Three ELD Rare IRCs plus Golden Egg card sleeve.
- Six to seven wins: Four ELD Rare IRCs plus Golden Egg card sleeve.
- Eight wins: Five ELD Rare IRCs plus Golden Egg card sleeve.
- Nine to 10 Wins: One Sealed Event token plus five ELD Rare IRCs and a Golden Egg card sleeve.
- 11 wins: One copy of every card in Throne of Eldraine plus one Sealed Event token and Golden Egg card sleeve.
- 12 wins: One copy of every card in Standard plus one Sealed Event token and Golden Egg card sleeve.
The MTGA Win Every Deck Challenge begins on Oct. 5 at 10pm CT and will run for 36 hours.