Not everyone chooses the right display name from the start. Some look to their favorite League of Legends champions for inspiration while others look elsewhere for ideas. But it’s natural to outgrow your name over time.
If you’re sick and tired of your name in League of Legends, there’s realistically nothing stopping you from changing it. Here’s how.
How to change your League of Legends nickname: step-by-step
- Log in to your League account.
- Go to the Store and find the Account tab at the top right corner of the page.
- Purchase the Summoner Name Change service, which costs either 1,300 RP or 13,900 Blue Essence.
When choosing a name, remember you’re free to change the spacing or capitalization. If you’ve never changed your name before, you can even do this for free by sending a ticket to Riot Games’ Account Management with the subject “Summoner Name Change.”
League of Legends name change rules
There are a couple of conditions you need to meet when choosing a new name:
- Your name must be at least three characters long and no more than 16 characters long.
- You can’t use the word “Riot” in your name. This includes other similar variations like “Rlot.”
- Your name shouldn’t contain personal information that could identify you like your real name or your address.
- Avoid impersonating or pretending to be an esports professional even if the system allows the name to be selected. So definitely don’t name yourself Faker.