EU LCS Promotion Tournament: Why you should watch it and where
Ninjas in Pyjamas, Mysterious Monkeys, Giants Gaming, and Schalke 04 are just one step away from being in the EU LCS starting in the Spring Split next year.
NiP and Monkeys have fallen from grace after finishing last in their respected groups, and face an uphill battle to reclaim their spot in the EU LCS. Giants and Schalke know this pain all too well, having been relegated themselves in the past few splits, and are looking to rejoin the EU LCS after months of heartbreak.
When these four teams meet in a matter of days, only one thing is certain—only two can make it into the EU LCS, while the other two are doomed to drop to, or stay in, the EU Challenger Series.
Where and when to watch
The games will be broadcast on LoL Esports, with play starting on Aug. 17 from 11:00 ET every day. The schedule is as follows:
- Aug. 17: Mysterious Monkeys vs. Schalke 04
- Aug. 18: Ninjas in Pyjamas vs. Giants! Gaming
- Aug. 24: Winner of Aug.17 vs. Winner of Aug.18, winner is promoted into the EU LCS, loser faces winner of other match on Aug. 25
- Aug. 24: Loser of Aug.17 vs. Loser of Aug. 18, winner advances to Aug. 25 match for a chance at promotion
- Aug. 25: Final match between the last two teams, winner advances to the EU LCS
Get ready for two weeks of grueling dogfights for the biggest prize of all—EU LCS status.