Hearthstone’s take on the autobattler genre is available for everyone.
Battlegrounds, released in 2019, is an eight-player game mode that takes on the fundamentals of games like Teamfight Tactics and Dota Underlords but adds a fun and familiar Hearthstone twist.
Battlegrounds has 78 different Heroes (or Bosses). They each have their own unique Hero Power that changes the pace of the game mode. They synergize with minions, allowing players to recruit, battle, and strategize against their opponents.
Once a match begins, players will be presented with a selection of Heroes. Here are all of the available Heroes in Hearthstone Battlegrounds.
- Passive: Skip your first two turns. Start with two minions from Tavern tier three.
- Passive: Start of Combat: Give your left-most minion Windfury, Divine Shield, and Taunt.
- Passive: After you upgrade Bob’s Tavern to Tavern Tier Five, Discover two Dragons.
- Passive: Skip your first turn. Discover a tier two, four, and six minion to get at those tiers.
- Passive: After you Refresh five times, Bob always has seven minions.
- Next combat, add a plain copy of the first minion you kill to your hand.
- Choose an element. Start of combat: Call upon that element.
- At end of turn, give a friendly minion +1/+1. Repeat (time, times). (Upgrades after each use).
- Dig for a Golden Minion. (Five Digs left).
- Remove a friendly minion. Choose one of two from a Tavern Tier lower to keep.
- Give a random friendly minion +1/+1. (Upgrades at Tavern tier three.)
- Passive: After you play three Elementals, reduce the cost of upgrading Bob’s Tavern by (3).
Cookie the Cook
- Throw a minion in your pot. When you’ve gathered three, Discover from their minion types. ( left.)
- Passive: After you sell a minion, randomly give a minion in Bob’s Tavern +1/+1 twice.
Death Speaker Blackthorn
- Passive: After you upgrade Bob’s Tavern, gain two Blood Gems.
- Passive: All minions have +2 Attack.
- Passive: After you buy five Battlecry minions, add Brann Bronzebeard to your hand (Once per game).
- Choose a friendly minion. It copies the attack of your highest attack minion for the next combat only.
- Give a minion +2/+1 for each minion you’ve bought this turn.
- Passive: Give a random friendly minion +4 Health.
Forest Warden Omu
- Passive: After you upgrade Bob’s Tavern, gain two Gold this turn only.
- Passive: After you sell a Murloc, add a random Murloc to Bob’s Tavern.
- Choose a minion in Bob’s Tavern. Discover a higher tier minion to replace it.
- Choose a flightpath. Complete it to get a bonus.
George the Fallen
- Give a friendly minion Divine Shield.
- Passive: Give +1/+2 and Taunt to minions you summon during combat.
- Give a friendly minion of each Tavern tier +1/+1.
- Passive: Start of Combat: Your left and right-most minions gain +2 attack and attack immediately.
- Refresh: Bob’s Tavern. Include a minion from a higher Tavern tier.
- Swap a friendly non-golden minion with a random one in Bob’s Tavern.
- Passive: Every third minion you buy gains +2/+2.
- Get two Bananas. At the end of your turn, give everyone else one.
- Passive: Buy three minions in one turn to give them +2/+2 and progress this.
- Take two damage and add a Gold Coin to your hand.
- Guess which player will win their next combat. If they win, get three Coins.
- Give your Demons +1/+1.
- Make a minion in Bob’s Tavern Dormant. After three turns, get it with +1/+1.
- Replace a minion with a random one of the same Tavern tier.
- Passive: At the start of every turn, choose from two new Hero Powers.
- Passive: Minions cost two. Refresh costs two gold. Tavern tiers cost (1) more.
- Passive: Mechs in Bob’s Tavern have +1/+1.
- Passive: When a player dies, Discover a minion from their warband. It keeps any enchantments.
Mutanus the Devourer
- Remove a friendly minion. Spit its stats onto another. Get one gold.
- Passive: Start the game with a 2/2 Fish that gains all your Deathrattles in combat.
- Passive: Your first Refresh each turn costs (0).
- Passive Avenge (4): Summon a 2/1 Whelp. It attacks immediately.
- Give + attack to the next minion you buy this turn. (Upgrades each turn).
Patches the Pirate
- Get a Pirate. After you buy a Pirate, your next Hero Power costs (1) less.
- Passive: Start with 55 Health instead of 40.
- Give a random friendly minion +4 health.
- Give a friendly minion of each minion type +1/+1.
Ragnaros the Firelord
- Passive: After you kill 25 enemy minions, get Sulfuras.
- Give a friendly minion stats equal to your Tavern tier.
- Make a friendly minion Golden. (Once per game).
- Passive. After a friendly minion kills an enemy, give it +1 attack permanently.
- Discover a plain copy of a minion from your next opponent’s warband.
- Add a 1/1 Shudderling to your hand that repeats all Battlecries you’ve played. (Twice per game.)
- Passive: Darkmoon Tickets are in the Tavern. Get three to Discover a minion from your Tavern tier.
- Freeze a minion in Bob’s Tavern. Frozen minions get +2/+1 each turn.
Sir Finley Mrrgglton
- Passive: At the start of the game, Discover a Hero Power.
- Gain Gold this turn. Increases each turn. (Once per game).
- Give a friendly minion: “Deathrattle: Summon a random minion of the same Tavern Tier.”
- Start of Combat: Destroy your lowest Health minion. Give its stats to four friendly minions.
- Take aim. Start of Combat: Deal damage to your target. (Upgrades each turn/)
- Refresh Bob’s Tavern with your last opponent’s warband.
- Passive: Start the game with a 2/2 Amalgam with all minion types.
The Great Akazamzarak
- Discover a Secret. Put it into the battlefield.
The Lich King
- Give a friendly minion Reborn for the next combat only.
The Rat King
- Passive: Whenever you buy a Beast, give it +2/+2. Swaps type each turn.
- Passive: Every four turns, Discover a Darkmoon Prize.
Trade Prince Gallywix
- Passive: After you sell a minion, get one extra gold next turn. (Can exceed 10).
- Choose a friendly minion. It copies the Health of your highest health minion for next combat only.
- Passive. After Bob’s Tavern is refreshed, copy and freeze one of his minions.
- Choose two minions. Swap their stats.
- Choose a minion in Bob’s Tavern to add to your hand. Set its stats to two.
- Start of Combat: Summon a minion from your Tavern tier. Add a copy to your hand.
Yogg-Saron, Hope’s End
- Add a random minion in Bob’s Tavern to your hand. Give it +1/+1.
- Passive: Bob always offers an extra Dragon whenever the Tavern is refreshed.
Zephry’s, the Great
- If you have two copies of a minion, find the third.
All images via Blizzard Entertainment