343 Industries and Microsoft just announced this year’s HaloFest, which will include streamed sneak peeks, interviews, and exclusive gameplay of the Halo 5 Beta, as well as a $50,000 tournament.
All of this can be watched via Xbox.com or Twitch.tv starting at 8pm PT, November 10. Developers from 343 Industries will be present to discuss about the past, present, and future of Halo.
343 Industries has decided to team up with The eSports League to present to you the Halo: Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational on November 8-9, located at ESL’s Southern California Headquarters.
The tournament will feature 32 selected teams that are renowned in the Halo competitive scene, fighting for $50,000 in prizes along with being some of the first people to play the Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer on Xbox One.
- 1st – $20,000
- 2nd – $12,000
- 3rd – $6,000
- 4th – $4,000
- 5th/6th – $2500
- 7th/8th – $1500
343 Industries has selected eight well-known Halo players to serve as team captains. The captains will be given approximately one week to add three players to their rosters to make a finalized team. The captains have already been notified and are currently looking to form the rest of their roster.
- StK: Ogre 2, Royal 2, Heinz, Snakebite. Coach: Diesel
- The Agency: Ninja, FearItSelf, Hysteria, Victory. Coach: Towey
- VwS Gaming: Naded, Legit, Mikwen, Goofy. Coach: Wolfmayyne
- OpTic Halo: FlamesworD, Ace, Snip3down, Pistola. Coach: Elamite
- TCM Gaming: Riotz, Ramirez, TuFoxy, Chalkie. Coach: Xavier
- Str8 Rippin: Tsquared, Str8 Stick, RyaNoob, Roy. Coach: Walshy
- Purple Rain: Gandhi, Puckett, Maven, LEGIQN. Coach: Sundance
- Believe The Hype: FormaL, LxthuL, Maniac, aPG. Coach: Mr X
Next week, 343 Industries will be releasing the full rosters that you can expect to see compete at the Halo 2: Anniversary Invitational.
Separate from the tournament, fans will also be able to experience unseen gameplay from the Halo 5: Guardian’s Multiplayer Beta by spectating pros going head-to-head in exhibition matches. The winning team from the Invitational will get first dibs.
343 Industries also debuted their new trailer for their live-action series, Halo: Nightfall.
Be sure to follow us on twitter for breaking news in the gaming and eSports industries. Twitter – @eSportsNation