Developer Volition has now released update 1.04 for the reboot of Saints Row, known as the game’s hotfix #1, where several bugs causing game crashes were addressed.
The new update, which is sized around 5GB is now available for download for both the reboot’s PC (via Epic Games Store) and PlayStation versions. One of the main issues that is now being fixed by the hotfix includes the error that causes a crash whenever a player uses the Star Launcher. This occurs when the user does customization with it but is now solved thanks to the hotfix.
Animation issues and the high default camera sensitivity are also fixed. But for those who play Saints Row using the PS5 Dualsense controller, its Adaptive Triggers have been disabled to “fix the inverted axis issue when toggling “resistance,” though Volition assured that it will intend to return the feature in an indefinite timeframe.
Here are all the full update patch notes of Saints Row’s hotfix #1.
Saints Row update 1.04 full patch notes
Hotfix #1 will be submitted and deployed across multiple platforms in the coming days and will address camera issues, animation bugs, PC Launch issues, and crashes. These need to go through approval for each platform so they may be staggered releases on each, but they are coming for all!
- Epic: 188.8.131.5280107
- PlayStation: 184.108.40.20679066
- Xbox: TBC – keep checking for updates
- Download Size: Approx. 5GB
Hotfix #1 is here for Epic Games and PlayStation. Xbox is in the approval process and will be released as soon as possible, but the fixes will be the same as below.
- Stops issues when launching via Epic on DX12
- Fixes a crash when the player uses the Star Launcher after customizing it.
- Fixes default camera sensitivity being too high
- Fixes vehicle hijacking animation issues, you will now sit in your new stolen vehicle, not stand next to it
- Localization & font issues as well as cut off text on Epic – because reading is what? Fundamental
- PS5 Adaptive triggers – we have made the decision to disable these whilst we fix the inverted axis issue when toggling “resistance”, we fully intend to get this back in, stay tuned for updates on it.
- Fixed instances where Riding Shotgun was entirely too difficult on Sensei difficulty.