As players who dearly miss last season’s Breach and Clear mod can attest, Artifact Mods play an important role in any Destiny 2 season—and Season of the Lost is no exception.
Bungie gave fans an early look at the Champion mods before the new season kicked off and fans knew what to expect in that department. The rest of the Artifact Mods, however, remained a secret until the season launched on Aug. 24.
Here are all the Artifact Mods for Destiny 2‘s Season of the Lost.
First column (Champion Mods)
- Anti-Barrier Auto Rifle
- Overload Bow
- Unstoppable Pulse Rifle
- Unstoppable Sidearm
- Overload Sword
- Unstoppable Fusion Rifles/Linear Fusion Rifles (in the fourth column; requires seven unlocked mods)
Based on the list, Destiny 2’s season 15 is giving players a multitude of options for Unstoppable Champions but not much else for the rest. Overload Bow replaces Overload SMG and Hand Cannon, while Anti-Barrier Scout Rifle sits out of the Artifact next season. Anti-Barrier Auto Rifle will become the only mod for tackling Barrier Champions, which will force players to engage from closer range—a possibly dangerous ordeal for Grandmaster Nightfalls.
The multitude of options for Unstoppable, however, feels in line with the Nightfall lineup this season. Lake of Shadows, The Corrupted, Proving Grounds, and The Hollowed Lair all have Unstoppable Champions (yes, including Scorn). Exotics with intrinsic mods, such as Eriana’s Vow, could earn a slot again in Exodus Crash and The Devils’ Lair.
Champion mods are in column one and have no prerequisites, with the exception of Unstoppable Fusion Rifles (which applies to both Fusion and Linear Fusion Rifles).
Second column (requires one unlock)
- Hands-On (Helmet): Gain bonus Super energy on melee kills.
- Shotgun Dexterity (Gauntlets): Faster ready and stow speed for Shotguns.
- Sword Scavenger (Legs): Swords get larger bonus reserves when you pick up ammo.
- Fusion Rifle Loader (Arms): Increases reload speed of Fusion Rifles.
- Linear Fusion Rifle Targeting (Helmet): Improved target acquisition, accuracy, and ADS speed for Linear Fusion Rifles.
Third column (requires four unlocks)
- Auto Rifle Loader (Gauntlets): Increases reload speed of Auto Rifles.
- Shotgun Ammo Finder (Helmet): Increased your chance of finding ammo while you have a Shotgun equipped.
- Passive Guard (Class Item): Receive less damage from combatants that are close to you while you are wielding a sword.
- Fusion Scavenger (Legs): Fusion Rifles get bonus reserves when picking up ammo used by that Fusion Rifle. Same effect applies for Linear Fusion Rifles.
- Sidearm Dexterity (Gauntlets): Faster ready and stow speed for Sidearms.
Fourth column (requires seven unlocks)
- Unstoppable Fusion Rifles (applies to both Fusion and Linear Fusion)
- Withering Heat (Class Item): Causing damage with Solar ability weakens Champions for a short duration.
- Resonance Siphon (Class Item): Gain Stasis ability energy whenever you or a member of your fireteam stuns a Champion.
- Thermoclastic Strike (Class Item): Solar and Stasis melee disrupt combatants. Strong against Overload Champions. Refresh your melee ability whenever you or a member of your fireteam stuns an Overload Champion.
- Fire and Ice (Elemental Well): Defeating a Champion spawns a random array of Solar and Stasis wells. Equippable on any armor.
Fifth column (requires 10 unlocks)
- Well of Potency (Elemental Well): Picking up matching elemental well grants you Super energy. Equippable on any armor.
- Pyretic Embrace (Class Item): Casting a Solar Super restores you to full health and shields.
- Thermoclastic Blooming (Arms mod): Defeating a combatant with a Solar or Stasis melee creates an Orb of Power.
- Focusing Lens (Class Item mod): Your Light abilities do bonus damage to combatants affected by Stasis.
- Particle Deconstruction (Class Item): Dealing damage to a combatant with a Fusion Rifle or Linear Fusion Rifle grants bonus Fusion damage against that combatant for a short duration. This effect stacks up to five times.