Day one has concluded at the iBUYPOWER Cup which will determine the eigth, and final team participating in IEM San Jose, organised by ESL. Ten exciting matches transpired throughout the first day of competition, as the best-of-one group play matches began.
Group Play Results
The competing teams played their group play matches in a best-of-one forma, with the maps being chosen through ban and pick system.
- Luminosity won 16-5 against Winterfox (Dust2)
- Renegades won 16-10 against CLG (Dust2)
- Luminosity won 16-0 against Renegades (Cobblestone)
- CLG won 16-2 against Winterfox (Mirage)
- CLG won 16-10 against Renegades (Train)
Luminosity Gaming and Counter Logic Gaming advance to semi-finals.
- C9 won 16-4 against CQ (Inferno)
- Liquid won 19-17 against coL (Dust2)
- Liquid won 16-14 against C9 (Cache)
- coL won 16-10 against CQ (Cobblestone)
- C9 won 16-5 against coL (Inferno)
Team Liquid Pro and Cloud9 advance to semi-finals.
Tomoww’s matches will be played in a best-of-three format and the winners of either match will move on to play in the grand final for a spot at IEM San Jose.
CLG vs. Liquid – 19:00 (GMT+1)
Luminosity vs. C9 – 21:00 (GMT+1)
Be sure to keep up-to-date with all of your Counter-Strike: Global Offensive news and updates at our Twitter – @ESNCS.