Esports Championship Series (ECS) has released the groups and schedule for ECS Season 1 Finals. The event will feature eight teams from around the world battling it out for their share of the prize pool, which is yet to be announced. The event will take place at the SSE Arena in London, England from June 24th to June 26th.
The finals format will be double-elimination for group stages. The first day matches will be best-of-one and the decider and elimination matches will be played in best-of-three format. The top two teams out of both groups will move onto the semifinals and will be played in the best-of-three format.
Schedule of ECS Season 1 Finals:
Day 1 (June 24th)
- 12:15 – 13:30: Luminosity Gaming vs. NiP (Group A.1 – Upper Bracket Semi #1)
- 13:30 – 14:45: Team Liquid vs. G2 Esports (Group A.2 – UB Semi #2)
- 14:45 – 16:00: Winner A.1 vs. Winner A.2 (Group A.3 – UB Final)
- 16:00 – 17:15: astralis vs. TSM (Group B.1 – UB Semi #1)
- 17:15 – 18:30: Fnatic vs. Cloud9 (Group B.2 – UB Semi #2)
- 18:30 – 19:45: Winner B.1 vs. Winner B.2 (Group B.3 – UB Final)
Day 2 (June 25th)
- 11:15 – 14:15: Loser A.1 vs. Loser A.2 (Group A.4 – Lower Bracket #1)
- 14:15 – 17:15: Loser B.1 vs. Loser B.2 (Group B.4 – LB #1)
- 17:15 – 20:15: Winner A.4 vs. Loser A.3 (Group A.5 – LB Final)
- 20:15 – 23:15: Winner B.4 vs. Loser B.3 (Group B.5 – LB Final)
Day 3 (June 26th)
- 12:00 – 15:00: #1 Group B vs. #2 Group A (Semifinal #1)
- 15:30 – 18:30: #1 Group A vs. #2 Group B (Semifinal #2)
- 20:00 – 23:00: Winner Semi #1 vs. Winner Semi #2 (Grand Final)
If you’re unsure what ECS is, you can read up on it here.
Photo via The Daily Dot
Who do you think will dominate the finals? Do you believe there will be any upsets? Let us know in the comments and make sure to follow us on Twitter, @GAMURScom, for live coverage and other esports content.