This article is powered by Sennheiser – The Bulletproof Audio Advantage of Pros
Day two of the New Legends stage concluded earlier today. Two teams are already on the verge of elimination, while two more are getting closer to advancing to the playoffs.
Astralis, BIG, compLexity Gaming, and Team Liquid joined the 2-0 group, while Cloud9, FaZe Clan, Mousesports, and Winstrike are in the 0-2 pool. The remaining eight teams sit in the 1-1 group, including MIBR, Natus Vincere, HellRaisers, Vega Squadron, Ninjas in Pyjamas, G2 Esports, Fnatic, and TyLoo.
The most concerning aspect of today’s matches were the resulting random draws after all the games ended. FaZe Clan drew Mousesports in the 0-2 elimination match tomorrow, which is a rematch of the ELEAGUE Boston Major quarterfinals. Team Liquid also find themselves up against Astralis once again tomorrow in the 2-0 winners match. This heavyweight matchup has become a normal occurrence throughout 2018.
These instances are putting much more community cynicism—specifically toward the Swiss Format and random draws—in the current Valve Major system, as seen in attitudes from both fans and pros.
Swiss Format: Day two
- BIG won Train 16-7 vs. TyLoo
- Astralis won Inferno 16-4 vs. Vega Squadron
- compLexity Gaming won Cache 16-11 vs. G2 Esports
- Team Liquid won Mirage 16-10 vs. Ninjas in Pyjamas
- Fnatic won Inferno 16-7 vs. Winstrike
- HellRaisers won Overpass 19-16 vs. Cloud9
- Natus Vincere won Overpass 16-14 vs. FaZe Clan
- MIBR won Dust II 16-6 vs. Mousesports
The third day of the New Legends stage will begin tomorrow at 4am CT, starting with the winners matches and ending with elimination showdowns.