With the wildcard and group stages concluding within Dota 2’s The International 2015 championship tournament, there are less than four days from the main, bracket stage event. From Aug. 3-8, 16 of the world’s best Dota 2 eSports teams will be competing for a shared prize pool of almost $18 million and the world championship title.
There will be a total of 16 teams competing at the main event, 14 of which were invited to play through group stage, while the other two qualified through the four-team wildcard event on July 26-27, 2015.
The teams attending include:
- Vici Gaming – Hao, Super, iceiceice, Fenrir, fy
- Evil Geniuses – Fear, Suma1L, UNiVeRsE, Aui_2000, ppd
- Team Secret – Arteezy, s4, zai, KuroKy, Puppey
- Invictus Gaming – BurNing, Ferrari_430, Luo, ChuaN, Faith
- LGD Gaming – Sylar, Maybe, Yao, xiao8, MMY!
- Cloud9 – EternalEnvy, FATA, bOne7, BigDaddy, MiSeRy
- Team Empire – Silent, Resolut1on, yoky, ALOHADANCE, ALWAYSWANNAFLY
- Virtus Pro – Illidan, God, DKPhobos, fng, Lil
- compLexity Gaming (America’s Winner) – Zyzzy, swindlemelonzz, MoonMeander, Simbaaa, Zfreek
- Newbee – Rabbit, Mu, June, Banana, SanSheng
- Fnatic – kYxY, Kecik Imba, Ohaiyo, JoHnNy, Mushi
- EHOME (China Winner) – Yang, Cty, rOtK, LaNm, DDC
- Natus Vincere (Europe Winner) – XBOCT, Dendi, Funn1k, ArtStyle, SoNNeikO
- CDEC Gaming (Wildcard Winner) – Agressif, Shiki, Xz, Garder, Q
- MVP Phoenix (Wildcard Runner-Up) – kphoenii, QO, March, Febby, NutZ,
- MVP.Hot6ix (Southeast Asia Winner) – Forev, MP, SunBhie, Heen, JerAx
Bracket Play Format
The format for the main event will include all 16 teams in a double elimination bracket over a six day period. At the commencement, eight teams will start off in the upper bracket, while eight are placed within the lower bracket.
All regular matchups will be best-of-three series with the exception of the first rounds within the lower bracket, which will be best-of-one series. Grand Finals will be played in a best-of-five series.
|Group A||Record (W/D/L)||Overall Points|
|Group B||Record (W/D/L)||Overall Points|
All matches commence at 10:00 AM PDT on Monday, Aug. 3, 2015. Each match will begin after the previous one finishes, allowing every game to be broadcasted live over at https://www.dota2.com/watch/.
Main Event Day 1 Schedule:
- LGD Gaming vs. Team Empire – Upper Bracket 1A
- CDEC Gaming vs. Cloud9 – Upper Bracket 1B
- MVP Phoenix vs. Newbee – Lower Bracket 1A
- Vici Gaming vs. Natus Vincere – Lower Bracket 1B
- Virtus Pro vs. Fnatic – Lower Bracket 1C
- Invictus Gaming vs. MVP.Hot6ix – Lower Bracket 1D
Main Event Day 2 Schedule:
- Evil Geniuses vs. compLexity Gaming – Upper Bracket 1C
- Team Secret vs. EHOME – Upper Bracket 1D
- Loser of UB 1A vs. Winner of LB 1A
- Loser of UB 1B vs. Winner of LB 1B
The current prize pool for The International 2015 sums out to be the biggest in eSports history, currently at $17,836,960 (updated as of 7/31) achieved through Valve Corporation and crowdfunding, which was obtained by 25-percent of purchases through the compendium.
- 1st Place: $6,421,306
- 2nd Place: $2,764,729
- 3rd Place: $2,140,435
- 4th Place: $1,516,142
- 5th-6th Place: $1,159,402
- 7th-8th Place: $802,663
- 9th-12th Place: $214,004
- 13th-16th Place: $53,511
Who do you believe will win The International 2015 Dota 2 Championship? Let us know in the comments. Stay up-to-date with Ti5 coverage and content over at our Twitter – @eSportsNation.