Major League Gaming will be holding the 2015 World Finals for Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare in New Orleans, LA on Oct. 16-18. Multiple teams will be competing for their share in a $250,000 prize pool and about 198,000 pro points.
This event will be held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA. The address is 900 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans, LA, 70130.
For this event, as many as 112 teams will be participating. The top-16 teams have been placed into groups for pool play, while all the remaining teams will need to fight through the Open Bracket.
MLG will be using a pool play system, with four different groups consisting of five teams. The top-16 teams have been placed into these pools via random selection, but the fifth team in each group will earn their spot by being one of the top four teams out of the Open Bracket play that will begin Friday afternoon.
You can view this random selection of the groups for pool play over on the MLGCoD YouTube channel.
After each team has played each other in their own pool, the top two teams from each pool will advance to the Winner’s Bracket, while the rest of the teams will be placed in the Loser’s Bracket. A loss in the Loser’s Bracket will result in that team being eliminated from the tournament.
Here are the official pools for the MLG World Finals 2015:
- OpTic Gaming
- Team Kaliber
- XGN Competitive
- Team Infused
- Open Bracket Team #1
- FaZe Clan
- OpTic Nation
- iSolation eSports
- Open Bracket Team #2
- Denial eSports
- Epsilon eSports
- Rise Nation
- Open Bracket Team #3
- Team eLevate
- Team EnVy
- Team Orbit
- Citadel Gaming
- Open Bracket Team #4
The prize pool of $250,000 and roughly 198,000 pro points will be distributed among the top-49 teams:
- 1st place: $100,000
- 50,000 pro points
- 2nd place: $60,000
- 30,000 pro points
- 3rd place: $40,000
- 22,000 pro points
- 4th place: $20,000
- 18,000 pro points
- 5th/6th place: $10,000
- 16,000 pro points
- 7th/8th place: $5,000
- 14,000 pro points
- 9th/12th place: 11,000 pro points
- 13th/16th place: 9,000 pro points
- 17th/20th place: 7,000 pro points
- 21st/24th place: 5,000 pro points
- 25th/28th place: 4,400 pro points
- 29th/32nd place: 3,600 pro points
- 33rd/40th place: 3,200 pro points
- 41st/48th place: 2,800 pro points
- 49th place: 2,000 pro points
This is sure to be an action-packed weekend full of great Call of Duty matches. To make sure you do not miss any of the action, here is the schedule for this weekend.
*Schedule provided by MLG. All times are in Central Daylight Time (CDT).
Friday, October 16
- 1:30 PM: Pregame show
- 2:00 PM – 11:30 PM: Pool Play
- 2:00 PM: Open Winners Round 1 – Heat 1
- 3:00 PM: Open Winners Round 1 – Heat 2
- 4:00 PM: Open Winners Round 1 – Heat 3
- 5:00 PM: Open Winners Round 1 – Heat 4
- 6:00 PM: Open Winners Round 2 – Heat 1
- 7:30 PM: Open Winners Round 2 – Heat 2
- 8:30 PM: Open Losers Round 1 – Heat 1
- 9:30 PM: Open Losers Round 1 – Heat 2
- 10:30 PM: Open Winners Round 3
- 11:30 PM: Open Winners Round 4
Saturday, October 17
- 9:45 AM: Pregame Show
- 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM: Pool Play
- 10:00 AM: Open Losers Round 2 – Heat 1
- 11:00 AM: Open Losers Round 2 – Heat 2
- 12:00 PM: Open Losers Round 3
- 1:30 PM: Open Losers Round 4
- 2:30 PM: Open Losers Round 5
- 3:30 PM: Open Losers Round 6
- 4:30 PM: Championship Winners Round 1 – Heat 1
- 5:30 PM: Championship Losers Round 1
- 6:30 PM: Championship Winners Round 1 – Heat 2
- 7:30 PM: Championship Losers Round 2
- 8:00 PM: Championship Winners Semifinal A
- 9:00 PM: Championship Losers Round 3
- 9:30 PM: Championship Winners Semifinal B
- 10:30 PM: Championship Losers Round 4
Sunday, October 18
- 9:45 AM: Pregame Show
- 10:00 AM: Championship Losers Round 5
- 11:30 AM: Championship Losers Round 6
- 12:30 PM: Championship Winners Final
- 1:30 PM: Championship Losers Round 7
- 3:00 PM: Championship Losers Final
- 4:30 PM: Championship Grand Final
*All times are subject to change based on the length of matches.
Matches will be broadcasted live on Major League Gaming’s streaming platform, MLG.tv .
Will you be in attendance or watching the stream for this event? Let us know by commenting below or tweeting us @eSportsNation .