A new update has gone live in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, focusing on fixing some bugs that popped up alongside the season two update.
Players have been reporting numerous crashes since the update went live earlier in the week, especially in the new Outbreak mode in Zombies. Treyarch says those crashes have been addressed.
Numerous other issues, mainly in Zombies, have been fixed, such as a bug that was rewarding lower-than-intended match bonus XP, various enemy pathing issues, and a problem where the Aether Shroud field upgrade could lose its initial charge during a Retrieve objective.
Framerate performance has been a problem since the update on all platforms and Treyarch says those have been addressed, too. The game should now run smoother for all players.
The new season for both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone went live yesterday, adding two new weapons and a new battle pass, among other things. Double XP and double weapon XP began in the game this afternoon.
The full patch notes for the Feb. 26 update can be found below:
- 2XP + 2WXP Weekend
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP now live in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone through 10AM PT Monday, March 1st.
- Addressed framerate performance issues on all platforms since Season Two launch.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to stand outside of the intended play space outside of the basketball court.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to capture the P3 Hardpoint zone outside of the boundary.
- Prop Hunt
- Added Prop Hunt to Featured Playlists (Feb. 25).
- Added Apocalypse to Prop Hunt map pool.
After Action Report
- Addressed an issue where both teams would display the same score in the After Action Report.
- Added the Outbreak Event tab to League Play.
- Added the Challenges tab to League Play.
- Re-enabled the Calling Cards tab in the Player Identity list in League Play.
- Addressed an issue where Tokens could not be redeemed from the League Play lobby.
- Addressed an issue with the Rank 1 emblem being present in multiple locations before a player had completed Placement Matches.
- Addressed stability issues related to Objectives, Hellhounds, Plaguehounds, Trials Machine, and Dragon Relic.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Addressed an issue that was resulting in lower-than-intended Outbreak Match bonus XP totals.
- Addressed various enemy pathing issues.
- Addressed an issue that caused a loss of functionality for the parachute after going down from a fall.
- Field Upgrades
- Addressed an issue where the Aether Shroud Field Upgrade could lose its initial full charge during the Retrieve Objective.
- Closed an exploit that allowed the Death Machine to be used indefinitely.
- Addressed a UI error that would appear when pinging the Trials Computer.
- Ray Gun
- Added a cap to the amount of splash damage the Ray Gun and other weapons can inflict on the player.