Black Ops III Patch Notes 11-19-15
Treyarch has been releasing periodic “hotfixes,” which have basically just been small changes here-and-there on a consistent basis. Although the game has only been out for just under two weeks, Treyarch continues to do it’s best to fix any ongoing issues with their newest game.
While there have not been any huge changes to the game itself, Treyarch is constantly looking at what are the most popular guns and whether they are overpowered or balanced. By doing so, Treyarch is able to make sure that the game is as fair and enjoyable as possible, leveling the playing-field as much as they can.
Without further ado, here are the patch notes for the most recent update in Black Ops III.
Game Update 11/19/15
- Leaderboards enabled in the Barracks.
- Players are now awarded Cryptokeys in Arena and Public matches, after playing consecutive matches in the same playlist.
- Team balancing in Arena and Public matches has been improved to more consistently maintain even teams.
- Fixed a UI error when entering Prestige in the Multiplayer Frontend menus.
- Addressed a UI error in Fileshare when selecting an empty tab.
- Addressed an issue where hosts were able to leave as soon as the game began.
- Fixed an issue where white boxes were appearing for Custom Classes in Create-A-Class.
- Addressed a case where Scorestreak kills were counting toward Specialist kills for Challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue where players could have attachments which should be locked after prestiging weapons.
- Players are now prevented from spawning at the same spawn point when there are high player counts in Free-for-All and Gun Game.
- Addressed a case where players were able to spawn in after the match time expire.
- Search and Destroy kill elimination has been changed from 250 XP to 500 XP.
- The Cerebus Scorestreak can no longer be destroyed by a friendly teammate’s Power Core Scorestreak.
- The Mothership Scorestreak will no longer count toward the “Hard Counter” challenge.
- Specialist Weapons and Abilities now charge at a reduced rate over time in Objective modes.
- Corrected text descriptions for Specialist weapon multi-kills which unlock Specialist Epic.
- Vision Pulse ability recharge speed has been slightly reduced
- Fixed an issue with the unlock requirements for the 9th helmet.
- Rejack ability recharge speed has been slightly increased.
- H.I.V.E trigger radius slightly reduced.
- Scythe has had its ammo reduced from 200 to 160.
- Heat Wave ability recharge speed has been slightly increased.
- Longshot distance settings updated for each weapon class.
- Fixed an issue where some damage from shotguns was getting reduced when the Long Barrel attachment was equipped.
- Fixed Launchers not earning weapon XP for destroying vehicles.
- Quickdraw ADS speed bonus for LMG’s slightly reduced.
- ADS time slightly increased to match other SMG’s.
- Hip fire spread slightly increased to match other SMG’s.
- Close damage range slightly reduced.
- Damage range increased.
- Fixed the ADS view for the ironsights, when a Clan Tag or Kill Counter is attached to the weapon.
- Hip fire spread increased to match over Assault Rifles.
- Minor tweak to the fire rate.
- Increased ability to control recoil.
- Fixed an animation issue when the weapon had the Varix 3 Optic and Suppressor attached.
- Fire rate increased.
- Fixed an issue with the ironsights when the Kill Counter was attached.
- Increased lethal range.
- Haymaker 12
- Fire rate and damage range slightly reduced.
- ADS time increased.
- Close range damage increased.
Light Machine Guns
- ADS speed slightly reduced.
- Increased ability to control recoil.
- Clip size reduced from 50 to 40.
- ADS time has been slowed down.
- No longer deals extra damage to vehicles without FMJ.
- Increased recoil.
- Increased hip-fire spread.
- 48 Dredge
- Fixed magazine count on Extended Mag. This was previously ending on 1 bullet, then playing a 6-round burst audio when the last bullet was fired.
- Slightly increased the ADS time.
- L-CAR 9
- Close damage range slightly reduced.
- Damage rate reduced. Now takes longer to be killed by Thermite.
- Players now prevented from joining a post-match lobby.
- All banned items are now correctly being restricted while in-game.
- Addressed issues with Hard Counter, Actionable Intel, Ante Up, Fast Earner, Bypassed Security, Destroyer, Defender, Assault, Steady Aim and Focused challenges. These should now unlock and track progress correctly.
- Medals will all display in their respective sorted category in the Medals section of the Barracks.
- Fixed issues for the Tag and Bag, Surprise Attack, GI Unit Kill and Silent Killer medals not populating in the Barracks.
- Fixed issues with the You’re Done and Shut Down medals. These will now be awarded correctly.
- The extraneous Secure Point medal displayed in the Medals section has been removed.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to mantle into an unintended area of one of the buildings.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to mantle into an unplayable space in Fringe.
- Addressed an exploit spot involving a wall of one of the buildings.
- Improved Cerebus Scorestreak’s pathing on the 2nd floor of the houses.
- Addressed an issue where players were able to stand outside of the map boundaries.
- Players are no longer able to shoot through a wall on the 2nd floor of one of the buildings.
- Fixed an exploit where users were able to stand on a ledge under one of the 2nd floor windows.
- Players can no longer wedge themselves in between a tower and one of the high walls.
- Fixed an issue with dead player models outside the white fenced area.
- The Safeguard robot will no longer get stuck outside the North Garage, when attempting to path toward the North Goal.
- Fixed 2 exploits where the player could see into the spawns, as well as shoot players through glass.
- Fixed an issue with max number of bots during Free-for-All and Team Deathmatch.
- Addressed exploits in the Shadows of Evil and The Giant maps.
- Fixed a matchmaking issue where players were able to enter lobbies when they were already full.
- Addressed various areas where zombies would not path to players.
- Players will now be rewarded with a Dark Ops calling card when they prestige.
- Player can now equip custom Paintjobs in the Armory in the Campaign Safehouses.
- Players can now use the Weapon Builder to access Gunsmith and Paintshop in the Campaign Safehouses.
- Addressed stability issues.
The first thing that readers will most likely notice is the amount of changes made to multiplayer, especially in terms of the weapons. Most of the changes made to these weapons were necessary according to public opinion, especially in regards to the LMG’s.
People will always find map exploits, but at least Treyarch was able to quickly find these few issues and fix them accordingly. Other than the few changes made to the zombies and campaign modes, there were not an alarming amount of fixes included in this update.
Treyarch has always been great at taking fan feedback and translating that into updates to make the game better overall. Personally, I was thrilled to see the changes made to some of the weapons because I think that should help with making the game more fair and overall more enjoyable to play.
All in all, it’s great to see that Treyarch is off to a great start with releasing fast updates to make sure that players are able to enjoy the best possible version of Black Ops III. You can click the link here to go to the official patch notes for this update.
Do you like some of the changes that Treyarch has implemented in this update for Call of Duty®: Black Ops III? Let us know by commenting below or tweeting us @eSportsNation.