Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is here, and players are already grinding their way through the new shooter title.
One of the main components of Black Ops 4 is Specialists, in-game characters that have unique abilities and weapons that can be used in multiplayer. Some players have a preferred specialist, but each one brings something different to the battlefield.
There are 10 Specialists that players can choose from in Black Ops 4. Here are all of the Specialists, as well as their Special Issue Equipment and Special Issue Weaponry.
Special Issue Equipment: 9-Bang
- This tactical grenade flashes and stuns enemies. It can also be cooked for multiple detonations.
Special Issue Weaponry: Ballistic Shield
- The Ballistic Shield is a “durable transforming defensive shield with a built-in machine pistol.”
Special Issue Equipment: Cluster Grenade
- This grenade “sticks to surfaces and releases sub-munitions upon detonation.”
Special Issue Weaponry: War Machine
- Returning from Black Ops III, this grenade launcher may be one of the most lethal weapons in the entire game.
Special Issue Equipment: Assault Pack
- This ability provides ammo packs that grant bonus score for taking down enemies.
Special Issue Weaponry: TAK-5
- The TAK-5 “heals and boosts max health for the user and their team.”
Special Issue Equipment: Reactor Core
- This sounds a little bit like Heat Wave from Black Ops III. The Reactor Core “emits a damaging radiation field that wounds enemies and reduces their maximum health for a time and prevents healing.”
Special Issue Weaponry: Purifier
- This flamethrower is another weapon that’s returning from Black Ops III.
Special Issue Equipment: Mesh Mine
- These explosive traps can be connected to create lethal tripwires.
Special Issue Weaponry: K9-Unit
- This “weapon” is an attack dog. It can “be commanded to follow you or patrol a designated location.”
Special Issue Equipment: Seeker
- This “deployable tactical” can hunt down your opponents and shock them with “temporary paralysis.”
Special Issue Weaponry: Tempest
- The Tempest is another Specialist weapon returning from Black Ops III that can electrocute enemies.
Special Issue Equipment: Sensor Dart
- This piece of equipment “reveals enemies within its proximity.”
Special Issue Weaponry: Vision Pulse
- Vision Pulse also returns from Black Ops III. It allows you to “pulse the map to reveal all the enemies for yourself and teammates.”
Special Issue Equipment: Grapple Gun
- As the name suggests, this piece of equipment allows you to “quickly grapple and zip” around the map—kinda like Batman.
Special Issue Weaponry: Grav Slam
- Similar to the Gravity Spikes from Black Ops III, the Grav Slam creates a lethal blast at the point of impact.
Special Issue Equipment: Tac-Deploy
- This ability allows you to drop a beacon where your teammates can respawn in the surrounding area—similar to the Tactical Insertion from previous Call of Duty titles.
Special Issue Weaponry: Annihilator
- Black Ops III players will recognize this powerful revolver that can kill enemies in one shot.
Special Issue Equipment: Razor Wire
- As the name suggests, this ability allows you to place razor wire down that can damage and slow enemies.
Special Issue Weaponry: Barricade
- This powerful shield can provide cover while taking objectives. It also has a “built-in microwave field” that slows and hurts opponents.
This article will be updated if more Specialists are added to the game or any of their abilities or weapons are altered.