In Assassin’s Creed Mirage, the Upper Harbor Gear Chest is at the stern (rear end) of the largest ship in the Upper Harbor of the Harbiyah district of Baghdad.
It’s a difficult Gear Chest to get because the waterfront part of the harbor is a restricted area, there aren’t many ways to get on and off the ship, and most importantly, you must solve a tricky block puzzle to get to the chest.
Here’s how to get aboard the ship and solve the puzzle for the lucrative Upper Harbor Gear Chest.
How to get on the Upper Harbor ship in Assassin’s Creed Mirage
As with most things in Assassin’s Creed Mirage, there’s more than one way to get where you want to go. My route was pretty direct, and I managed it with minimum fuss.
If you’re at the harbor, don’t head directly toward the ship when facing it. Instead, turn to the right and go up the long ladder to the top of a building. This is a restricted area, but no guards are in this section.
Use the zipline to reach the rooftop building to the east, then climb to the roof. From the far corner, assassinate the guard sitting behind the crane.
Go up to the end of the crane, then get to the ship using the masts of the small boat below. There’s one guard on the ship’s deck, and he’s pretty easy to sneak up behind and assassinate. Now, it’s time for the puzzle.
How to solve the Upper Harbor Gear Chest puzzle
We’ll go through the puzzle’s solution step by step so you don’t get confused, and so I don’t either:
- Push the first stack of shelves in.
- Jump over the little box on the right and push that same stack of shelves to the side (to the west).
- There’s another stack of shelves to this side of the low box. Pull it as far as it’ll go.
- Hop back over the low box and head into the gap you made when you moved the first stack sideways. You should now be roughly in the center of the room (although it’s a little hard to tell).
- You’ll see a third stack of shelves you can’t move from this side. Go around the corner to the right and pull it from there. The way around the trellis is clear, so go around it.
- From here, you can give that first stack of shelves one more pull, then return to the trellis and reach the Upper Harbor Gear Chest.
What’s inside the Upper Harbor Gear Chest?
The chest contains the Zanj Uprising Outfit, an essential fashion statement for the stylish assassin who wants to reduce the impact of his illegal actions by 20%. For those who dabble in illegal activities a lot or simply don’t go unseen as often, this outfit can minimize the punishment for those struggles. As someone who got caught a lot, I was forced to fight my way out. I can see this outfit hiding my stealing, but also minimizing my failures in stealth as well.