Steam your tuxes and press your dresses, Apex Legends fans. The Grand Soirée Arcade Event is finally here.
Today’s patch introduces the new event, along with a rotating playlist of action-packed game modes. And no event would be complete without fresh cosmetics, including a mustached Pathfinder skin. New content aside, important changes to legends and bug fixes are also hitting World’s Edge in an effort to balance out the meta.
Gibraltar and Crypto are getting buffed, while Wraith is receiving a strong cooldown nerf to her Into the Void ability. Weapons were almost untouched and Respawn just made a small adjustment to extended Energy mags.
Here are today’s full patch notes for Apex Legends.
Grand Soirée Event
The event runs from Jan. 14 to 28 and includes:
Limited-Time Mode Arcade
- Experience a different limited-time mode every two days, including familiar favorites and new additions.
Introduction of Event Prize Track
- Complete challenges to rack up Arcade points and earn increasingly prestigious rewards throughout the event.
Direct Purchase Event Shop
- Featuring exclusive Art Deco inspired cosmetics and other new additions to the core loot pool.
Limited-Time Modes Schedule
Jan. 14 to 15 – GOLD RUSH DUOS
- Gold Weapons only with you and a friend.
Jan. 16 to 17 – LIVE.DIE.LIVE
- Automatically respawn on living squadmates when the ring closes.
Jan. 18 to 19 – THIRD-PERSON MODE
- A classic out-of-body experience.
Jan. 20 to 21 – ALWAYS BE CLOSING
- Keep on the move, avoiding big damage from a ring that won’t slow down.
Jan. 22 to 23 – ARMED AND DANGEROUS ON WORLD’S EDGE
- Shotguns and Sniper Rifles with limited armor.
Jan. 24 to 25 – NIGHT GAME ON KINGS CANYON
- Play on Kings Canyon at Night.
Jan. 26 to 28 – DUMMIES BIG DAY
- This game ain’t gonna test itself.
- Fixes for various script and code errors that were causing crashes.
- Fixed a bug where the out of bounds timer would not display when perching on top of some buildings in Capitol City.
- Fix for cases we saw where players would receive a client error when fighting Wattson.
- Fixed issue with Octane’s “Laughing Fool” skin blocking player vision when using the 1x Holo Sight.
- Fixed issue where players could get into unintentional hiding spots in the Train tunnels and around multiple buildings on the map.
- Fixed bug where the mini-map was showing an incorrect view of the landscape east of the Sorting Factory and Capitol City.
- Fixed bug where the trajectory line wouldn’t appear when trying to aim ordnance.
- Fixes for cases where the final circle was ending in a bad location.
- Fixed an issue with the Ghouls and Ghost Peacekeeper skin not displaying the correct animation in-game.
- Fixed the bug where a squadmate selects a character in Legend Select and the Legend is not displaying the skin that is currently equipped by the player.
Legend bug fixes
- Fixed a bug where if anyone picks up gold shields while inside of a Gibraltar dome shield they will receive 63 percent faster healing when it should stay at 50 percent.
- Fixed a couple of bugs with Bloodhound Passive skill, Players could not see timers when looking at enemy tracks [clues] and tracks would expire 30 seconds sooner than expected.
- Fixed bug where Wraith could take damage from Thermite ordnance while using her Tactical or Ultimate abilities.
- Fixed visual bug for when Crypto first drops into the game. The Drone UI reports that it is “recharging” (as if it has been destroyed pre-drop), but progress does not complete or progress.
- Fix for Wattson’s Ultimate to prevent being able to deploy an Interceptor Pylon through walls.
- Passive: Gibraltar revives squadmates faster while inside the Dome Shield.
- Removed the bonus move speed Into the Void and Dimensional Rift at the same time. Wraith will now move at their combined movement speed when they are both activated.
- Increased cooldown for Into the Void: 25 seconds to 35 seconds.
- Drone and EMP improvements.
- Surveillance Drone increased health from one to 30.
- EMP no longer affects friendly traps/deployables.
- EMP no longer slows friendlies.
Change to Energy Mags
- Extended Energy Mags removed.
- HAVOC mag size is now 32.
- Devotion mag size is now 44.
Designer notes: “We know that the removal of energy mags seems a bit odd, but it will make much more sense with the release of Season 4! It takes a while to make the bigger changes you see in the new season updates, and we generally make sure to filter out these changes from preceding mid-season updates. This time we made a mistake and shipped a change that wasn’t intended to go live until season four.”
“This feature is limited to approved partners and allows them to arrange private player matches, record live footage via game client spectators, and view match results. Our goal here is to provide great tools for tournament organizers for setting up teams and matches at events and a better spectating experience for fans.”