Meant to be more of a hotfix than a full update, patch 10.17 in Teamfight Tactics contained mostly minor changes and one significant adjustment to Titan’s Resolve.
Patch 10.17 dropped a day early due to an error on the part of lead game designer Stephen “Mortdog” Mortimer, which directly affected players competing at the LATAM Qualifier Finals on Aug. 18. Mortdog apologized to the players, and the LATAM Riot team postponed the final rounds until Sunday, Aug. 23, to give the players time to prepare.
Binary Star was removed in patch 10.17 and replaced with Manatee’s Delight. The new Galaxy gives every player a spatula at the start of the game, providing additional options when building comps.
A majority of the adjustments in patch 10.17 were minor tweaks, with the exception of a nerf applied to Titan’s Resolve. Often played on Rumble in a variety of Mech comps, Titan’s Resolve max stacks was reduced from 50 to 25. Hand of Justice was also tweaked, reducing damage and healing from 50 to 45 percent.
Only one trait was changed in patch 10.17. Due to Astro Snipers being a top-four comp with a high first-place finish percentage, Sniper damage bonus per hex was reduced from 10/18 to 9/16 percent.
Notable changes made to TFT champions in patch 10.17 included a nerf to Master Yi and Gangplank, along with a buff to Riven.
- Armor reduced from 45 to 40.
- Magic resist increased from 30 to 35.
- Armor increased from 45 to 60.
- Noxious Blast damage increased at three-star from 3,000 to 3,500.
- True damage reduced from 75/100/150 to 70/95/145.
- Pop Blossom damage reduced at three-star from 500 to 450.
- Armor decreased from 25 to 20.
- Health increased from 800 to 850.
- Magic resist increased from 20 to 30.
- A small bug affecting Riven’s attack speed ration was also fixed.
- Orbital Strike damage reduced from 550/700/9,001 to 525/975/9,001.
- Abyssal Bombardment damage increased from 300/400/2,500 to 320/440/2,500.
- Abyssal Bombardment splash damage increased from 75/100/2,500 to 80/110/625.
Only one TFT update remains before the launch of Set Four.