Splatoon 3 players have already found out what in-game gear can be unlocked by scanning Amiibo figures on the Switch’s NFC pad—and the game has only been out for a few hours for certain parts of the world.
Destructoid compiled a list of what each Splatoon Amiibo figure does when scanned into the hub world’s special zone. As with previous games, scanned Amiibo generally grant cosmetic rewards, including hats, tops, and shoes. Only Splatoon Amiibo will work with Splatoon 3. Scanning Amiibo from other series, including Mario and company, will result in an error message.
A few of the Splatoon Amiibo didn’t grant any rewards. Destructoid speculated that was because some may grant the same rewards. If you already have the specified clothing, it can’t be unlocked twice.
The complete list of Splatoon 3 Amiibo unlocks is as follows:
- Inkling Girl (Green): School Shoes + Hi Socks (feet), Base School Shoes (feet), School Uniform A (chest), School Uniform B (chest), Squid Hairclip (head)
- Inkling Girl (Smash Bros. version): Same as Inkling Girl (Green)
- Inkling Girl (Orange): No reward, but potentially the same as Inkling Girl (Green)
- Inkling Squid (Green): Power Armor (chest), Power Mask (head), Power Boots (feet)
- Callie: Hero Runner Replicas (feet), Hero Jacket Replica (chest), Hero Headset Replica (head)
- Marie: Armor Boot Replicas (feet), Armor Jacket Replica (chest), Armor Helmet Replica (head)
- Inkling Boy (Green): Squinja Boots
- Inkling Boy (Blue): Samurai Shoes (feet), Samurai Jacket (chest), Samurai Helmet (head)
- Inkling Boy (Purple): Same as Inkling Boy (Blue)
- Inkling Squid (Purple): Power Boots Mk I (feet)
- Pearl: Pearlescent Kicks (feet), Pearlescent Hoodie (chest), Pearlescent Crown S (head), Pearlescent Crown L (head)
- Marina: Marinated Slip-Ons (feet), Marinated Top (chest), Marinated Headphones (head)
- Octoling Girl: Enchanted Boots (feet), Enchanted Robe A (chest), Enchanted Robe B (chest), Enchanted Hat (head)
- Octoling Boy: Steel Greaves (feet), Steel Platemail (chest), Steel Helm (head)
- Octoling Octopus: Fresh Fish Feet (feet), Fresh Fish Gloves (chest), Fresh Fish Head (head)
- Inkling Squid (Orange): Same as Inkling Squid (Green)
- Inkling Girl (Pink/Red): Baggy-Sock Fringe Loafs (feet), Base Fringed Loafers (feet)
There are also three Splatoon 3 Amiibo that won’t release until later this year after the game’s launch window. These will likely grant additional cosmetic rewards beyond the ones mentioned in this list.
Splatoon 3 launches in the U.S. on Sept. 9.